Fat Guy Shooting Team - OKC Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great time today. It was good to meet the OKC FGST folks, though I must admit public ranges are a bit scary. Last time the Lawton FGST went shooting, we had a big crowd on the "range" --12 of us in all, so it was a lot less frentic than Harry's. Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns; I especially enjoyed 7stw's .220 Swift and 6.5-'06. Thanks to the OKC group for putting up with us, it was good to meet y'all. Let's do it again sometime!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great time today. It was good to meet the OKC FGST folks, though I must admit public ranges are a bit scary. Last time the Lawton FGST went shooting, we had a big crowd on the "range" --12 of us in all, so it was a lot less frentic than Harry's. Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns; I especially enjoyed 7stw's .220 Swift and 6.5-'06. Thanks to the OKC group for putting up with us, it was good to meet y'all. Let's do it again sometime!

Yep. Yep. It was a great time and public ranges can be interesting ...

Btw, Lurker and Jedabug, even though I didn't shoot either of y'all's guns, you both have some beautiful firearms ... maybe next time my neck will not be acting up ...

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Btw, Lurker and Jedabug, even though I didn't shoot either of y'all's guns, you both have some beautiful firearms ... maybe next time my neck will not be acting up ...
The best rule at a public range like Harry's is to have an experienced RSO type stay back at the line to help remind ppl there are still other ppl down range.

Or just shoot back from the target line, when the first one drops the rest will pay better attention.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Her beauty is because my blood sweat tears and alot of yelling WTF!!!
but you can still shoot her next time lol

but Lurkers BP rifle was SWEEEETTTTTTTT

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best rule at a public range like Harry's is to have an experienced RSO type stay back at the line to help remind ppl there are still other ppl down range.

Or just shoot back from the target line, when the first one drops the rest will pay better attention.

Yep ... I don't mind double-checking to make sure everybody knows the range is cold ... even if they aren't with my group. And I've not met anyone yet at a public range who has refused to follow a request ... or who's even had a problem with it. That's just comes part and parcel with sharing a range with other folks ...

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just got my guns cleaned up. I took my 1022 completely apart for a good cleaning and forgot to put a pin back in. I was wondering why the bolt was sticking then looked down at a pin I over looked. Works way better when you have all the parts back in it.

Funny how that is sometimes. I've an itty-bitty roll pin, slightly bent, that I found on the floor a bit over a year ago. Still don't know where it came from, but figure if it's important whatever it came out of will let me know some day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom