Fat Guy Shooting Team - OKC Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like about a normal saturday out there :)

I only go during the week on a day off. Public ranges are scary places.
I'm with you, should be a range wide stop to hang or inspect targets. I've always felt a bit uncomfortable seeing people walking down to hang targets and see other people still messing with guns at the line. I always back away from the shooting line when someone is down range. It should be required by the range.

BTW is Harry still running the place or did he retire?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was to crazy for us. We got there at 1:05 set up, placed targets, and within the first 10 minutes seen some stupid sheet down at the pistol end, one guy ducking under the table top and just went right on out there to hang a target without asking to seize shooting, another woman shooting the ground and dropping the semi auto 45 after one shot and it bouncing around on the table top and then on the concrete, idiot husband not knowing nothing and not showing her anything. We shot till about 2:00 people started pouring in, had two more pointing pistols at us, we loaded up and got the hell out of there. Not for us. Ever again. Missed seeing you all, that would have been nice, we should have just planned on coming to eat. That was the second time ever shooting at a public range, my third time. We are spoiled to shooting on the Farm with family and friends.

I think that place needs steel cubicles to shoot out of, or some type of partitions. Some type of Red light that comes on every 20 minutes, to stop the shooting, allow 5 minutes to hang targets and when the red light goes off, clear the range and commence shooting. I guess we are just spoiled to our own range. We did enjoy it last weekend, there was just us two, Gabe and his wife down at the pistol end, not as many people. But still had us nervous. I would suggest to go during the week, or off times. But then again, it was new to us, and maybe we just aren't used to that.

We should have went and put up all our guns and stopped to say hi to you all, but jeeeeze we just had to get out of there.

yep,happened to us about 4 yrs ago. Guys walking out to targets w/o letting anyone know. I haven't been back. Go to TCGC now.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a great time today. As for the safety you just need to be firm not rude in enforcing the rules yourself. That's what I do anyways. Should've went to eat but I don't get away from the ranch often and wanted to take advantage of some range time. Got a powder narrowed down the the new 6.5-06 now to just do more load development And I'm sure that combo will shoot superbly. Glad to meet those there today. And lurker that's one sweet flintlock !!

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a series of flashing strobe red lights and maybe a siren sound, beings everyone has ear protection in. When the lights are flashing then everyone backs away from the shooting bench and only those going out to change a target goes out. Siren goes off again at one minute mark to live fire. Flashing strobe lights go off for live fire. Pretty simple to stop that portion.

Don't know how or what to suggest that the idiots pointing live weapons, handling them stupid. Maybe a range guy walking up and down and keeping an eye out. I don't know, been shooting all my life, but just never at a range of any kind other than ours and friends. Partitions would be nice between the stations. But hey, not my range, just suggestions. I wish everyone safety and good luck at that range, be safe and enjoy it. Not bitching, just offering some suggestions. Again, we wished we would have went to eat and meet you all, but you all still had a good hour or so of shooting to do. Maybe next time we will come to eat and meet!

I was wondering who all you were when we were hauling ass out of there! Haaaaaaaa I am not no little guy and was sporting in shorts, and red T Shirt carrying a Range bag, Black Ammo Can, and a 4 place Pistol Case, followed by a scared looking lady right on my arse as we were hustling out of there right around 2:00.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks 7stw and gc for helping get my scope sighted in. now I need to go on a weekday and tweak it a little more. Enjoyed seeing all you guys and gals today.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rotflmao: Oh dear ... I'm STILL laughing my ass off ...

Things I learned at this eat and shoot ...

1. I should have spent a LOT more time in Lawton when I lived in Duncan ... :naughty:

2. Don't ever walk away from GC's spotting scope ... :lookaroun

3. If you are gonna pay for dinner with a debit card, make sure the debit card is activated before you try to use it ... :lookaroun

3.a. If said debit card is not activated before you try to use it, you had better know the answer to security questions regarding the man you divorced 27 years ago ... :scratch: And your brother's ex-wife of 20 years ago ... :scratch: Man ... when they say "they" know everything about you "they" ain't kidding ... :lookaroun

Thanks to everyone who came out ... it was a GREAT time ... Harry has told me that if we want to come earler next time we are welcome to use the private end of the range where we can all be together and no one will bother us. I think that's a very do-able thing ... it would be great to be able to only have to watch ourselves with regard to range safety and not a bunch of other folks we don't know ... although I have to say that except for one gal who made me kinda nervous, all the rest of the folks around us were pretty cool when it came to hot and cold range ...

AND ... I'm up for a trip to Lawton before winter gets here ... we just need to figure out:

1. if the Lawton guys actually want to be seen with us ever again ... :P

2. and when it's most convenient for us OKC folks to make a road trip ...

THANKS to eyecyou and sunshine for putting together a GREAT eat and shoot! :woot:

ETA: Oh, and you haven't lived until you've gotten your check and been charged $48.00 for 2 glasses of wine ... :shocked:

Last edited:

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We kept to ourselves mostly at the range on the pistol end. Establishing that Val really likes my 1911....

More or less met up as everyone was gathering to leave.

Not sure who said it but got a good laugh out of "I figured you to be a lot greyer "

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom