favorite 9mm load using Unique and 115 gr jacketed bullet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've noticed a huge difference in load data from book to book, even among relatively recent books. I have even seen (for HS6) where the lowest max is less than the highest min.
:bigeye:

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was using a lee pro 100, i would use the .46 for unique but i was shooting lead 125's and i shy away from it because it was like shooting a bpr.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bpr = black powder rifle

I'd have to check my chart to see what that would drop.

Now I get it! Yeah, low charges of Unique are messy!

I'll check the charts when I get home. I've got a favorite load using 147gr J&K bullets and Unique powder. It's near max, but leaves minimal residue.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7th. If I remember correctly, it doesn't even list a load using Unique for the 115gr, but it lists Unique for the 125gr and the 100gr. The 100gr shows 5.7grs of Unique as max, and since you're not supposed to subsitute charges for lighter bullets in heavier bullets (but the reverse is OK), then 5.7grs is over max for the 115gr. Again, I don't have the book in front of me, but I think the 125gr had a max of 5.0grs. Linearlly interpolating between the loads (which is very accurate on other bullet weights of same caliber using Unique) says 5.3grs for a 115gr bullet is max.

I've used 6.0grs of Unique (as Dustin mentioned earlier, Alliant lists 6.3grs as max) through the M92 and M&Pc and the casings showed no signs of excess pressure, but it felt like a VERY hot load. 5.7grs, on the other hand, didn't feel as bad. 5.3grs felt very light, even compared to the "anemic" WWB 9mm loads.

That's where I am.

Ok, well I looked at my Lee manual and it listed a load for the 115gr jacketed bullet. Min 5.1gr and max 5.5gr of unique.

Latest posts

Top Bottom