Federal Judge in Kansas Rules Machine Gun Bans Are Unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again another blue president hiding under a red umbrella signed another anti 2A bill.
It’s the old ppl like you that allowed the government to run its course and you complain about what they are doing today. SMH if you /the people would stop relying on the government for everything and actually take matters in your own hands we wouldn’t have to be wasting tax dollars on this none sense. With Biden in office you olds blame the young for putting him there…no you allowed him to stay I. Office longer than most of us has been alive you showed the young its ok then complained and criticized them for the way they are now. I’m guessing none of this was your fault and out of your reach…

I would LOVE to hear a more in depth explanation on how the current state of the country is all the fault of "old people". I love a good laugh...

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember, but don't .....so, what happened?
After the passage of the 1968 Gun Control Act The ATF gained a lot of power and began prosecuting individual gun owners at very high rates this continued through the Nixon Administration and went into overdrive during the Carter years by 1982 75% of all ATF prosecutions were individual gun owners and during those years the Carter Administration was actively working to reduce the number of licenses FFL dealers and doing a really good job at it . Additionally people were being prosecuted whole sale for crossing state lines with a gun in their vehicle. The FOPA created the safe passage rule which eliminated the possibility of you being arrested simply from driving through a state with your legally owned firearm. Additionally The FOPA legalized FFL's doing business at temporary locations (trade shows and gun shows) It eliminated the licensee requirements to sell ammunition and allowed the sale of mail order ammunition . Remember how just a little bit ago I talked about the ATF going after people like a rabid dog off the chain? well it put guard rails around what a "prohibited person was" and curtailed other prosecution efforts.

I am not saying everything in the FOPA was good but it on the whole did more good than bad , also when it was passed there were 175,000 licensed machine guns in the US it just wasn't something the average gun owner of the time generally thought about and yes historical context matters .

Anyone else old enough to remember when ammunition sales had to be recored ? Yeah that was a thing oh and it also ended up allowing for surplus guns to be imported again after that tap being almost completely shut off by the 1968 GCA

So tell me again how horrible it was in the grand scheme of things

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen I was involved in the 2a movement before you knew what a gun was . Don’t tell me about what happened or didn’t when you probably don’t even remember the AWB being passed
I guess when you have some logic to add I’ll listen. Pretty sure your coffee was light roast this morning. Again AWB happened because you allowed it to. You and your cronies voted to keep in the current admin and their cronies back before my parents were even born. Again we’re is your logic. SMH I really wish you would have stepped up from your D game to atleast B+.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
Let’s hear what you have to add?

Latest posts

Top Bottom