Federal Judge in Kansas Rules Machine Gun Bans Are Unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the passage of the 1968 Gun Control Act The ATF gained a lot of power and began prosecuting individual gun owners at very high rates this continued through the Nixon Administration and went into overdrive during the Carter years by 1982 75% of all ATF prosecutions were individual gun owners and during those years the Carter Administration was actively working to reduce the number of licenses FFL dealers and doing a really good job at it . Additionally people were being prosecuted whole sale for crossing state lines with a gun in their vehicle. The FOPA created the safe passage rule which eliminated the possibility of you being arrested simply from driving through a state with your legally owned firearm. Additionally The FOPA legalized FFL's doing business at temporary locations (trade shows and gun shows) It eliminated the licensee requirements to sell ammunition and allowed the sale of mail order ammunition . Remember how just a little bit ago I talked about the ATF going after people like a rabid dog off the chain? well it put guard rails around what a "prohibited person was" and curtailed other prosecution efforts.

I am not saying everything in the FOPA was good but it on the whole did more good than bad , also when it was passed there were 175,000 licensed machine guns in the US it just wasn't something the average gun owner of the time generally thought about and yes historical context matters .

Anyone else old enough to remember when ammunition sales had to be recored ? Yeah that was a thing oh and it also ended up allowing for surplus guns to be imported again after that tap being almost completely shut off by the 1968 GCA

So tell me again how horrible it was in the grand scheme of things
It’s nice to see old guy actually no how to use the google problem is your source is from wiki/google that’s government controlled, I will give you a C for effort! You still have a lot to learn grasshopper😘

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess when you have some logic to add I’ll listen. Pretty sure your coffee was light roast this morning. Again AWB happened because you allowed it to. You and your cronies voted to keep in the current admin and their cronies back before my parents were even born. Again we’re is your logic. SMH I really wish you would have stepped up from your D game to atleast B+.
You don't know anything , you weren't involved in the 2A fight and don't remember anything more than 5 minutes old . You are literally the problem , how are you going to effectively advocate for ANYTHING when you can't even provide any background or context or intelligently articulate why or how something came to be?

You have less than zero knowledge and yet you run your mouth and vote for things you have no clue about. I don't need or want your opinion and bless your heart . You're not even gum stuck to the sole of a boot on those who put in the real work of being 2A advocates. You can thank people like me and giants like Neal Knox (RIP) for you having all the 2A victories that have born fruit in the last 25 years .

Now let the adults talk and you might learn something

feral

Armish farmer
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s hear what you have to add?
One guy says "The quality of the deck rails on the Titanic is sub par", and someone responds by saying "I formed, hammered, and polished them myself, you don't know anything about it" while the ship takes on water..

Lol I view all gun legislation as infringement of natural law and thus human rights, and the state as completely illegitimate.
Nobody here wants to hear what I have to say.

Just here for the entertainment value.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One guy says "The quality of the deck rails on the Titanic is sub par", and someone responds by saying "I formed, hammered, and polished them myself, you don't know anything about it" while the ship takes on water..

Lol I view all gun legislation as infringement of natural law and thus human rights, and the state as completely illegitimate.
Nobody here wants to hear what I have to say.

Just here for the entertainment value.
💯 BASED! There is only 1 punishment for tyranny & tyrants

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The real problem was, and still is, not enough common people involved in the political process. If people go out in droves to vote out the gun grabbers, they will stop trying to take our guns. Instead we get small voter turnouts except in the big cities and idiots claiming their vote does not count. Every vote counts.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The real problem was, and still is, not enough common people involved in the political process. If people go out in droves to vote out the gun grabbers, they will stop trying to take our guns. Instead we get small voter turnouts except in the big cities and idiots claiming their vote does not count. Every vote counts.

I am all for stupid people not voting

Latest posts

Top Bottom