Felon as a passenger when you are carrying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok i have to rant, i am so sick and tired of the felony laws on the books it is so stupid, i can understand viloent criminals not owning firearms, but do you understand what felonies are nowadays.

if you pee outside
if you have sex with a vrigin
if pick a crop at night (yeah seriously it is a felon)
etc...

what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do our politicians not understand, if someone has paid their debt to society and has changed then who am i to tell them that they do not have a GOD given and CONSTITUTIONALY given right to protect themselves.

this is exactly what hitler did and brazil did, and so on, make more laws that prohibit people from owning or possesing firearms, like that is going to stop people from killing.

now to your question, i am trying to be a reserve, and have several friends who are in law-enforcement, and according to the letter of the law, that would mean that a felon could not even ride in a car with an officer. which means i do not know of a law-officer who would raise cain about this, as long as you do not let him have possesion of it.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This type of situation really needs to be addressed by modification of the state statutes. This type of situation can ocurr as more and more people are getting their SDA's. SDA holders should not be restricted in carrying their firearm in what is a logical situation. This is approaching the stupidity of the Zero Tolerance crap in the school systems.

Convicted felons that are staying drug free and trying to work should be given a fair opportunity. Interpting a law that potentially prevents them from working for somebody simply becuase they are a SDA holder is unreasonable. What happens if you carry at church near someone that you know to be a felon? What, you can not sit in the same pew? You can not kneel beside each other and take communion?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may just add to the confusion.
We do have firm guidance from the OK Wildlife Department on how to handle having a felon in a Hunter Safety Class. (They need hunter safety class to legally bowhunt).

At the beginning of each class we announce that anyone who is prohibited from handling firearms see us at the first break. We then inform them in private that we have a bow for them to handle instead of a firearm for any practical exercises (like fence crossing). They are not allowed to touch any firearm, even though they may be standing beside someone holding a shotgun. All the "prohibited persons" I've seen in class followed our instructions and got their hunter safety certificate.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Wildlife Department is an excellent organization! I am sure they consulted with the AG and told them, "hey, this is how we are going to handle this, do you have any complaint"?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This type of situation really needs to be addressed by modification of the state statutes. This type of situation can ocurr as more and more people are getting their SDA's. SDA holders should not be restricted in carrying their firearm in what is a logical situation. This is approaching the stupidity of the Zero Tolerance crap in the school systems.

Convicted felons that are staying drug free and trying to work should be given a fair opportunity. Interpting a law that potentially prevents them from working for somebody simply becuase they are a SDA holder is unreasonable. What happens if you carry at church near someone that you know to be a felon? What, you can not sit in the same pew? You can not kneel beside each other and take communion?

The truly sad part about this is he can work in an establishment where the owner has a gun under the counter. There is nothing prohibiting him from working where there is a gun provided he does not work where he has immediate access. He can stand next to me in public or sit in the booth with me at lunch but can't ride in the same vehicle with me. I do believe this section of our statutes needs adressed and I have written my wonderful state representative sue tibbs about this.

sdavidson

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a custody battle with my ex, who happens to be a convicted felon, and has been sited for possession of illegal firearms, but the charges got dropped. He has also had numerous drug charges in the last 10 months, and they continue to get dropped as well. Who can I report this to other than the local DA, because I believe they are involved???

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a custody battle with my ex, who happens to be a convicted felon, and has been sited for possession of illegal firearms, but the charges got dropped. He has also had numerous drug charges in the last 10 months, and they continue to get dropped as well. Who can I report this to other than the local DA, because I believe they are involved???

IF, you have proof, talk to your lawyer. They will know. Other than that, don't think that anyone in Oklahoma can help you, as you are in Nevada.

davidmoore

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sdavidson, I would also suggest the same thing to talk to the authority, your attorney would be your best bet and let them handle the situation for you. If worse comes to worst, be in a safe place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom