Female wants a .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cpolesen

I have a female friend that insists on getting a pink Sig Saur Mosquito for defence carry. The only reason she likes it is because when she shot one there wasn'r any recoil. I let her shoot my .40 EMP and she said no way. It is my opinion she would be better off throwing rocks than using a .22 for self defence. Or should she get one if it makes her fell better. I think she would be better throwing rocks. What do the guys and gals think??

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When i went to my NRA pistol instructor trainging class, our intsrtuctor informed us that women should carry a .22lr pistol if thats what they are comfortable with, he stated that in the past this is something the NRA frowned on, but todaythey actually recomend it. I thought .22lr were a joke, now i own 4, and i actually recomened my wife carring the walther p22, Its better then nothing. I wish my wife would atleast carry my glock 26, but she has problems pulling the slide back to load the chamber, she has no problems with the walther. I also bought a taurus hammerless snub in .38, but the trigger pull is to heavy for my wife. In all honesty it is better to have a .22lr pistol, than a bag full of rocks.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you could introduce her to a .380, see if she likes that. Plus if she does stick with the .22lr, the sig is not a small gun, there are better options as in smaller .22lr pistols out there. Ive heard a lot of good things about the new ruger sr22, which is smaller than the sig. Maybe a taurus/ beretta. Make sure she uses good ammo like CCI stingers for self defense. PINK.....yuck!:brick:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a .22 is way better than a rock. Agree with the .380 or even a 9mm. My wife went from a Walther pk380 to Glock 26 with no problem, she hates shooting my .40 Glocks.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
she should look at the sig 238 recoil isnt that bad and would be much easier to conceal. she is prob planning on carrying the larger 22 in her purse the first thing a mugger or bad guy will do is grab her purse then if the bad guy didnt have a gun he does now

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
by the way if she insists on carrying a 22 she better get some real training not just conceal carry course as shot placement and follow up shots are going to be VERY important

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a female friend that insists on getting a pink Sig Saur Mosquito for defence carry. The only reason she likes it is because when she shot one there wasn'r any recoil. I let her shoot my .40 EMP and she said no way. It is my opinion she would be better off throwing rocks than using a .22 for self defence. Or should she get one if it makes her fell better. I think she would be better throwing rocks. What do the guys and gals think??

How about you stand 7 ft away from me. I will then throw 3 rocks at you, any size you want. Then I will shoot 3 rds of 22 at you. When we are done, you can tell me which she would be better carrying. The argument that carrying nothing is better than carrying a .22 just shows how uneducated some people are. I mean really man, think about what you just said. 22 isn't the most desirable round for concealed carry but its definetely better than rocks. When you wanna do that experiment, let me know!

As far as carrying a mosquito, I would recommend she get something a little more reliable. My wife has a pink mosquito that she absolutely loves but they tend to jam up. There are much more reliable .22's on the market she can get.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second the recommendation about finding a more reliable pistol than the Sig Skeeter. They are iffy at best, and jamm-o-matics at worst, and the latter is at least as common as the former.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one should be carrying 22LR! Its your god given duty to do your best to sure she doesn't carry any other ***** low power rounds like 25acp, 32acp, 380acp, or 38spl. Get her something in 44mag and load it up with some hot 300 grain hardcast slammers because thats the only combo with enough power to kill anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom