Feral hog poison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have use several types of poisons to keep the predator problems down. There was one many years ago that I liked called 1080, used with the right bait it was great. The cyanide guns were good if placed in the right places, but they are very dangerous, had to keep the antidote handy. I would be nice to find the old clay targets, some were poisonous to hogs. I never saw an Eagle or a hawk around were I have killed with the poisons. Scavenger do sometimes, but once there was a few around they stopped coming. Sometimes bleeding hearts just need their feelings hurt. The hog problem is way out of hand, bad as politicians.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it you, and so many others, can't discuss something without resorting to name calling. Why does someone who disagrees have to be a "bleeding heart"?

I'm hardly a bleeding heart and it doesn't hurt my feelings. I happen to disagree with the use of poisons. The difference is, I can have an adult discussion about it without referring to you and others with whom I disagree as ignorant rednecks or whatever insulting adjective is appropriate.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, as long as there is a greater financial incentive for farmers and ranchers to permit sport shooting of these hogs, the problem hogs will never be eradicated. Nobody will kill their golden goose…therefore the problem will continue and expand. Personally I like the idea of having wild hog in my freezer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, as long as there is a greater financial incentive for farmers and ranchers to permit sport shooting of these hogs, the problem hogs will never be eradicated. Nobody will kill their golden goose…therefore the problem will continue and expand. Personally I like the idea of having wild hog in my freezer.
I agree with your premise, but I don’t think it’s the people getting their crops and pastures tore up that are profiting from pigs.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with your premise, but I don’t think it’s the people getting their crops and pastures tore up that are profiting from pigs.
Multi-peril crop insurance and then lease it out to hog hunters and not hog trappers, and I bet there's a few out there making money from both lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This sounds like borderline insurance fraud.
No different than loss due to deer, and leasing the property out to deer hunters. One of the places I grew up hunting on the river south of Bartlesville was soybeans every summer and fall. 40y out into the fields from every timber was about 6" tall while the rest of the bean crop was 4' tall. They can mow down acres of it while it's green.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it you, and so many others, can't discuss something without resorting to name calling. Why does someone who disagrees have to be a "bleeding heart"?
IMG_0992.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom