Finally scored some .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dead asleep at 4:15am when my cell rang. Saw it was my buddy, and figured something had to be seriously wrong at that time of the morning.

He said that he was getting off shift shortly, and his replacement had been at walmart to get some snacks, and went by the ammo counter. They had the bulk packs of .22, 12 boxes on the shelf.

Put my clothes on, drove 12 miles to the store, and there were three left.

Back in the game!! I refuse to pay gouger prices for ammo, and had a stock from years ago, that finally got to its end. This will get me back to the range.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Target sports USA currently has cci minimags for 9.99 for 100. Not very good price but they got them in stock at the moment. I wish I could find a bulk pack myself. I still don't understand why
22 is still so hard to find and expensive. You can easily get everything else for normal prices. So I don't get why .22 is still so sought after. Unless people are hoarding for when the next shooting causes prices to skyrocket again.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Target sports USA currently has cci minimags for 9.99 for 100. Not very good price but they got them in stock at the moment. I wish I could find a bulk pack myself. I still don't understand why
22 is still so hard to find and expensive. You can easily get everything else for normal prices. So I don't get why .22 is still so sought after. Unless people are hoarding for when the next shooting causes prices to skyrocket again.

IMO not a bad price for CCI. Paid that a few years ago at the LGS.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to a gun show, and report back. LOL.

The neck beards that normally score the ammo at our local walmart buy it at $24.89, and don't get out of the store before they sell it for a minimum of $50 to those in line that don't get any and just want to take their kids shooting. The ones that don't sell it in the store have been paid by the local pawn shops, and a gun shop to stand in line. Their prices run from $50-$65.
Its the same people in line every time.

Why I got lucky, I don't know. Been complaining to the store to put it out at different times. Maybe they are listening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom