Finally scored some .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a real friend would have bought 3 boxes :)

good to see you got in on the deal!!! I only have a large foldgers can left and I'm conservative until I can get in on some bulk buy action !!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with two people that previously worked for companies that do business with Walmart and from what I'm told, Walmart pretty much tell companies what they are paying for a certain item and the companies fall in line. I would imagine Walmart is a pretty big ammo distributer when you take all locations into consideration and I would also imagine the ammo companies are falling over themselves to keep the business.

If ammo prices go up, it isn't because the ammo companies told Walmart they are charging them more.
Yep. walmart pretty much dictates prices.

The cost of components hasn't gone up very much with the current rush. I buy from Powder Valley, and they have kept away from gouger prices like some of the other suppliers.

Lead has gone up some, but for a .22 bullet, its a drop in the bucket.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lead did go up then it took a dive in price as the new rule of no lead fixtures allowed to be installed in homes went into the books.

They are trying to phase it out..and the latest on lead is it is killing bald eagles.
They say they found so many dead eagles over a 2 year period and all tested positive for lead.
NO kidding...I bet all animals on earth will test positive for lead.

Let's hear the whole story ..what were the levels and what were the levels of pesticides etc in these birds.
You only ever get part of the story.

Sorry ranting.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AND they're getting stoned and eating pastachios and falling off porch railings in Colorado...........I've seen the commercial...LOLOL

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I to scored some bulk 22 LR rounds. I got mine at SSP-North when I saw them advertise on Facebook. Left work right then and drove down there. Also bought a pistol later in the day (2-3 hours later) and all of their bulk 22 was gone!

Glad I got it while I could!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bald Eagles are probably committing suicide because of the way the country is going down the toilet. Removing the Bald Eagle as the national bird will save more Eagles.

Currently an Ostrich with its head in the sand would represent our president best.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy nw hwy has CCI standard 22 for $3.49 per box of 50. Seems like quite a few boxes as of noon today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in ACADEMY in Lawton around 6pm. No bulk packs but lots of 50 and 100 round boxes. CCI, Federal, Aquila.

Scored 5 boxes of red Fed for $2.19 / 50 and 3 boxes of Aquila. Got some happy, happy, happy grandkids when I got home.

Never shot any Aquila, thought I would try it. Got some standard velocity LR and 1 of the hyper velocity with the 20gr bullet. Thinking they would be some good bullfrog medicine.

What say ye, OSA? worth the $3.49?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's .06 cents per round.

I've had my minimum set at .04 cents, but even walmart has their prices up now to .05 cents. That's not real pricing. lead prices have gone down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom