Finally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so happy for all you youngsters starting this next chapter of your lives. 🥰🥰🥰

I LOVE being retired! If I could give any of you one piece of advice it would be take a couple of weeks and be the laziest SOB on the planet and then get up off your ass and find yourself another "job". Something that you can do 5-6 hours a day. Trust me, you can only clean so much house and mow so much grass. Keep yourself busy enough that you fall into bed every night as exhausted as if you'd pulled a double at work.

Besides boredom is not only boring, it WILL kill you. I've worked a bunch of part-time jobs since I retired. I think I'm done with that also. I just want to play with the dogs and cats, pet the bird, and feed the fish and the chickens. Oh ... And fuss at Grumpy. 😉😁😇

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the deal- I retired and because I'm also a Realtor- I can make easy money doing drive by broker price opinions and some of my old customers will call me to buy or sell something here and there. Keeps my mind working and not too physical. Gives me plenty of trading money. Work when I want most of the time and have time to do a lot of other stuff. I worked a lot of 12-15 hour days gettin here though.
Glad your time has come- I'm sure you paid plenty of dues in your line of work, thanks for your service.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a friend who left OHP and went to the Fed Courthouse. I told Grumpy he could do what he wanted but he needed to decide if that side chick was really as good a "housekeeper" as I was because that's who he'd be moving in with. 🤷 He's at O'Reilly's now. 😉😂😂 I love him but that friend was toxic as ****. He'd be spending 8 hours a day with that ******* hearing "Hey!! You could tap THAT piece of ass and Patti would never know!"

🤨🙄 FIRST, Patti ALWAYS knows. It's a gift I have.

And second, after you've had the best, second best, while still nice and mostly tolerable, is NOT what you hoped it would be. (Yes, that goes for me, also. While I could replace Grumpy he has ... Hmmmm ... A specific set of skills. Skills he's acquired. ☺️)

There are worse things in life than not having 2 pensions. 🤷

I think it was two years ago that an OHP Captain retired and joined Okc FD.

I can only imagine the guys at the stations messing with the Captain , now rookie. It reminds me of the TV show “The Rookie”.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a couple PHS people at the prison. Most of them come in, realize what a toxic environment it is, and bail to IHS or the VA.
I can imagine. Back in like 1997 or so a fellow Environmental Health Officer took a job at the prison in El Reno. I backfilled his old job. I spent my entire career with IHS. That's who hired me back as a GS almost a year ago.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's finally happened. I got my 'thanks for your service now gtfo' letter. Retirement after 23 years with the DOJ. Since the COVID fiasco I am so burnt out and ready to go. The quality of employees since that has certainly dropped. There are of course exceptions to this but as a whole it has dropped. I cut the PII out.
View attachment 468093
Yeah, bu...bu...but....once a burden on taxpayers, always a burden on tax payers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom