Firearms Friendly Location Needed near Tinker AFB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team,

I am trying to set up a firearms familiarization course for coworkers (all .mil types) that is near Tinker AFB. What I have planned should take no more than two hours on Friday 7 October. The main requirement is to have an area where USAF military members can handle firearms. I have tried working with the base, but they think firearms are icky/evil and they're forbidden, even for purposes of education.

Thank you for the assistance.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need a gun range, the closest one is Gun World in Del City, though most will agree it's best to not buy any products there, just pay to rent lanes and nothing else.

Are you looking for something different than that? I'm not sure who to contact exactly, but you could try arranging something for the Oklahoma County Sheriff Department's training facility at 36th and Sooner Rd.

Both of my parents are OCSO reserves, so if you need me to hunt down a POC that nobody here can provide, let me know.

warpusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought was Gunworld, as they have a classroom where they teach. However, they told me they wanted more money than I was willing to pay.

If you could find me a POC at the OCSD that would be awesome. I really only need an area (room, open area, something) where some LTs can get hands on experience with Mauser Rifles.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you arent planning on shooting, is there any reason you cant do it at someone's house? Hell, I'd rent you my dining room, especially if any of the LT's are of the cute female persuasion.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine any place that could host your "course" would also require some usual things like insurance and the like...and they'd like to know your qualifications. Now if you just want to bring a bunch of friends to the range there are a ton of places.

Lexington is an option....have those Lts get their hunting licenses and head down to Lex

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warpusher, I have a space directly across from Tinker that could handle 10 to 12 people but you would need to be very discreet going in and out. I also need alot more information before I sign off on it. Send me a pm if you're interested.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how far is too far but you may try contacting Ken at Thunderbird range in Pink. He has a range and a building with a room in it.

Here's his contact info:
405-598-8220
20264 Fishmarket Rd
Tecumseh, OK 74873

Latest posts

Top Bottom