first confirmed pig in our area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think when they move in on my sand plums next year, I will put 5lbs of Tannerite under a pile of corn. See how many I can get with one shot!

Better yet, coat half the container with caulk, and embed 00 buck pellets into it. Suspend it over the corn with the pellets facing down. Instant claymore.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife got in touch with the GW yesterday and got an OK to pick up a predation permit for hunting him and any friends he brings.
Incorrect. The depredation or "night shooting" permit is specific to the persons named on it. There is no "any friends he brings." This is incorrect. The procedure is for the land owner to report hog activity to the area game ranger who will then visit the property and verify the presence of feral hogs. A permit is then issued with specific persons named upon it. Should additional or different persons want to also participate in night shooting, the permit must be reissued with the new names added.

However, in visiting with two ODWC officers in Push County last year, they don't always believe this to be the best use of their resources. The land owner is allowed some degree of discretion. I shot these two last night. In fact, I shoot quite a few at night.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are obviously dense. The only other possible way to read that sentence any differently than the poster intended would be to assume that the wife was picking up a permit from the GW to hunt the GW and any friends he brings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom