First open carry comment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good grief ... yet ANOTHER reason I prefer concealed. I don't really care to discuss politics or religion with folks I know ... Ima gonna go out on a limb and say guns should probably be added to the list ... :P
I cant conceal so easy and when I do my gun is against my skin and sweat and all, ya know. I was carrying a 1911 full size.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lesson learned from dealing with the "Crazies" seen once, twice or too many times per shift in Emergency Medicine over the years, is to answer every single question or statement with a question. The more confrontational, the better. Ex- "Have you killed anyone yet?" Answer with "Why are you asking?", or similar (While staring directly at the person). Whatever his reply, answer with another question, repeat until he either gives up or throws his shoes at you. Corrupting or derailing a person's plan of questions, verbal (Or physical) confrontation and forcing them to respond/ react to you is an effective tactic. Prefered by those a bit short on Seroquel, and a basis for LE defensive strategy- Pushing an attacker outside the loop/ corrupting his plan of attack.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lesson learned from dealing with the "Crazies" seen once, twice or too many times per shift in Emergency Medicine over the years, is to answer every single question or statement with a question. The more confrontational, the better. Ex- "Have you killed anyone yet?" Answer with "Why are you asking?", or similar (While staring directly at the person). Whatever his reply, answer with another question, repeat until he either gives up or throws his shoes at you. Corrupting or derailing a person's plan of questions, verbal (Or physical) confrontation and forcing them to respond/ react to you is an effective tactic. Prefered by those a bit short on Seroquel, and a basis for LE defensive strategy- Pushing an attacker outside the loop/ corrupting his plan of attack.

Man oh man, I wish I'd known this yesterday. Some yahoo got mad at me for "stealing" his parking place. In my defense I've never "fought" anyone for a parking place in my life ... I go to the next parking place if they want it that bad but this guy and his wife seemed to think that I "took" their parking place ... :scratch: Followed me all through the damn store shouting obscenities at me and threatening to kick my ass ... :rolleyes2 I don't even know where they came from ... I was the only person sitting in that row of cars in that lane of traffic ... :scratch:

I finally had a little chat with security and hung out with him and his buddies for a bit. Then tried to go back to gathering up what I needed. Blah ... nothing doing ... there they were AGAIN bitching and gritching and following me around. Not a thing in their basket -- guess they had spent that 20 minutes or so fuming and looking for me. :scratch: I went back, told the security guy that I appreciated his offer to help but I was just gonna go and come back another day. It ain't worth it ... Last thing the security guy said to me is "I sure wish more people were like you. It's a Brave New World out there, huh?? Here, let me walk you to your car." Sure enough, the guy and his wife had followed me up front and you could tell they had been thinking about following me out of the store. The look on their faces when the security guard and I passed them (and I smiled and waved) was priceless ...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man oh man, I wish I'd known this yesterday. Some yahoo got mad at me for "stealing" his parking place. In my defense I've never "fought" anyone for a parking place in my life ... I go to the next parking place if they want it that bad but this guy and his wife seemed to think that I "took" their parking place ... :scratch: Followed me all through the damn store shouting obscenities at me and threatening to kick my ass ... :rolleyes2 I don't even know where they came from ... I was the only person sitting in that row of cars in that lane of traffic ... :scratch:

I finally had a little chat with security and hung out with him and his buddies for a bit. Then tried to go back to gathering up what I needed. Blah ... nothing doing ... there they were AGAIN bitching and gritching and following me around. Not a thing in their basket -- guess they had spent that 20 minutes or so fuming and looking for me. :scratch: I went back, told the security guy that I appreciated his offer to help but I was just gonna go and come back another day. It ain't worth it ... Last thing the security guy said to me is "I sure wish more people were like you. It's a Brave New World out there, huh?? Here, let me walk you to your car." Sure enough, the guy and his wife had followed me up front and you could tell they had been thinking about following me out of the store. The look on their faces when the security guard and I passed them (and I smiled and waved) was priceless ...
Let me guess, Bethany?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... not this time ... OKC ... WTF is wrong with people?!?!

On a brighter note, this little incident has certainly bolstered my "argument" in the ongoing discussions here about getting the fudge outta town ... :chat:
OKC covers a lot of area too.
That crap dont happen to me out in Tuttle. Of course I'm a large, intimidating looking man and that plays a part in people decision making I'm sure.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC covers a lot of area too.
That crap dont happen to me out in Tuttle. Of course I'm a large, intimidating looking man and that plays a part in people decision making I'm sure.

I'm sure. I'm also pretty sure that these two would have never approached me if I'd had GC with me. You know the type. She kept telling me she was crazy and was gonna kick my ass. She didn't take it very well when I laughed and rolled my eyes at her. I'm sure there are folks who will think I should have had security call the po-po ... or jumped her and shown her what an ass-beating really is ... :rotflmao: but seriously, life is too damned short to fool with people like that. Who gets that angry over a parking place for heaven's sake??!?!? I seriously do NOT understand people.

But ... it's people like them that make me think that, for me anyway, open carry would not be a good thing. What's to say that she wouldn't have tried to snatch my gun from me? Of course, there are those who would say that it would have deterred them ... I dunno ... I'd just really rather not have ANY interaction with people AT ALL so ... I'll just move outta town when GC retires ... :naughty:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She wouldnt have grabbed your gun. Cowards stand off in a distance and "tell ya" how bad they are. If she was gonna do anything she wouldnt have told ya, she would have done it. If you had walked straight towards her with laser eyes goin on and yelled BOO, she woulda shat herself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom