First squib ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This scares me. Any kind of ftf/fte etc will make you pay attention really quick if you're not to begin with. I like reloading because I KNOW how each round was made. Glad you're ok!

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago while taking a class, one of the other guys had a squib with Blazer brass. The bullet barely made it a 1/4" down the barrel.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the range with my FEG Hi Power. Still having the occasional fail to eject (stovepipes) and fail to go into battery, along with the occasional double feed. I have new MecGar mags and replaced all the slide springs, so I'm thinking WTF?

Got home, field stripped it and started the "drop in test" to see if the ammo was oversize. This is ammo from the same company (not the same exact ammo) that gave me the squib. Yes, I got stupid and forgot where I got the first batch from and ordered another batch of reman 9mm.

The red poly coated bullet ammo (which the Hi Po HATES) wouldn't drop all the way into the chamber 100% of the time. It feeds perfectly fine in my Ruger 1911, so I'll use it there. The new batch of FMJ drops in better (almost all the way in) but not completely. I can really tell the difference when I drop in quality new ammo (Sig, Federal, etc...). Guess I'll have to use factory new ammo in the Hi Po and remind myself to never buy from that company again.