Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Riggin demes like it should be. Ol chap.

Attachments

• image-868989844.jpg
    image-868989844.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 139

Kennyliftit

New to the site!
Reaction score
I picked up an SOG flash 2 with auto assist. I can sit and flip it all day.... Also has a deep pocket clip so the knife doesn't stick out of your pocket. Runs around 50 bucks. I love it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the deal ? You guys get tired of talking about knives or what ? It's been a month since anyone posted anything. I know one of you guys ( Especially EZ ) has had to of purchased something to talk about lately.
I don't really have much to add just like seeing reviews on all of you guys purchases. I did pick up at ZT 0350TS. Decent blade , nothing super exciting about it or anything. I mainly purchased it because I was sending a couple of mine back to Benchmade and my Spyderco Manix blade lock button broke in half on me so I'm going to have to send it in as well. Any of you guys that own a Manix II have that happen to you ? I noticed one day that I was using it than when I went to close the blade it was kinda stuck and then the next day I used it the button broke in half and fell out and the bearing ball went bouncing across my floor.
Anyways just trying to get this thread revitalized.

I haven't been on here in a while and I've also been pretty busy (and broke) so no new toys for me. I am buying a couple of Benchmades as gifts for family/friends, so I'll get them out of the box and clean/oil them and snap some pics.

I've got some recent pics of my PM2 in action that I'll have to upload some time.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my wife is buying me The Wicked Edge for Christmas. You still love yours EZ ? Any tips or extras that you've came across that are must haves ? Not sure if she's getting me just the basic kit or the step up. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a Reeve yet. You know I haven't lost a single one of my blades yet but like I told you awhile back I use every single one of my knives and I just don't know if I could carry it and bring myself to use it in my day to day tasks.
Also I know your a fan of ZT. This 350 is probably one of the dullest out of the box blades I've ever purchased. Maybe I'm just spoiled with all my Benchmades being razor sharp straight out of the box or something. I don't know. I know the 350 is one of there cheaper entry level ones but it just kind of killed any anxiety of owning any others of there's. Or kershaw as we'll for that matter.
I also just purchased a Tops Brothers of Bushcraft fixed blade but haven't got to use it much yet. I will try out my photo skills one of these days and get some pics up of a few of mine.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll , I was sitting here saying I wasn't sure about ZT and I just ordered an 0561 , a Spyderco Chokwe , and a Para-2.
I don't know what's wrong with me. Merry Christmas to me I guess. By the way if anyone is looking for a Para-2 bladehq has the black , and camo in stock right now for $119.95 shipped.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my wife is buying me The Wicked Edge for Christmas. You still love yours EZ ? Any tips or extras that you've came across that are must haves ? Not sure if she's getting me just the basic kit or the step up. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a Reeve yet. You know I haven't lost a single one of my blades yet but like I told you awhile back I use every single one of my knives and I just don't know if I could carry it and bring myself to use it in my day to day tasks.
Also I know your a fan of ZT. This 350 is probably one of the dullest out of the box blades I've ever purchased. Maybe I'm just spoiled with all my Benchmades being razor sharp straight out of the box or something. I don't know. I know the 350 is one of there cheaper entry level ones but it just kind of killed any anxiety of owning any others of there's. Or kershaw as we'll for that matter.
I also just purchased a Tops Brothers of Bushcraft fixed blade but haven't got to use it much yet. I will try out my photo skills one of these days and get some pics up of a few of mine.

Love the Wicked Edge. Eventually get the Strops. I maintain my edges with only the Strops most of the time. I'm not convinced the Ceramics were worth it, but the Strops definitely were.

That's weird about the ZT not being sharp - that's been exactly my experience with Benchmade until recently (I had a streak of about 3 in a row that were kind of pissing me off as two were limited production models so I didn't want to chuck them into the sharpener if I wasn't going to keep them).

You can contact them and they'll let you send it back for a free sharpening (and they typically take care of you for your trouble). A word of caution (if your 0350 is a plain-edge): I wouldn't try and sharpen the inner curve of that recurve blade with a system like the Wicked Edge - you'll start to wear the stones unevenly (they now make convex stones to fit that area better). If your 0350 is a combo edge, then can't really get to the inner part of that recurve anyway, so you should be fine.

I carry my Carbon Fiber Large Sebenza around all over man - you can't think of it as jewelry so much as a high-end tool :)

Although, my Carbon Fiber Para-2 is starting to get astronomical in price and I don't know that I could replace it now that they stopped making them. I still carry it and use it, but I'm pretty careful with it.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you using just the 5.0/3.5 strops ? How about the ball joint guide rod assemblies ?

The 0350 is a plain edge. I was thinking to myself when I was buying it as to how I would go about sharpening it.

I spent enough last night on the 3 I ordered to buy a Sebenza. I think another reason I haven't ordered one yet is because the large carbon fiber Sebenza with Damascus is the one that really does it for me while looking at them online and I've just never owned nor used a Damascus blade before. Damascus to me has always been a kind of (show off on a stand blade) to me.

Do you have every variation of the Para-2 ? How about just the military is that one worth owning as we'll ? It seems everyone wants a Para-2 yet I always see the military in stock and there always $30 to $40 higher than the Para. I've become a big fan of Spyderco due to my Manix 2. Even though it did fail me. The edge retention has just been amazing on that thing and it feels great in my hand. God forbid an ill situation ever arise that I would need it to protect myself with, but if it did I think it could handle the job well. Do you own a brad southard ? I've been really close to pulling the the trigger on it a few times now and just haven't. I also have to admit that I am waiting for the new Spyderco ROC to be released. I'm not to big on stuff like that but it looks really neat and it might be kinda fun to whip out a little mini cleaver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom