For all Tactical bolt action gun nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea but the OPs question is more on the lines of if the guns are capable not about the shooter. My point is that at typical hunting ranges and maybe a little further, yes they are just as capable. One ragged hole at 100 yards is one ragged hole, it don't matter what gun it was shot out of. Some people just like to wanna believe it's possible with a gun that don't cost $5000+
Now run it out to 1000+ yards and that's probably a different story.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there you go, that's my point.
A gun doesn't have to be "accurized" to be accurate.
I believe I have about $1500 in my M700 including glass and B&C stock that I'm testing now. It shot a .75 group at 100 last Saturday, two shots one ragged hole then the third was a little off them. Then it crapped all over itself at 300 and I'm working on figuring out why. None of that testing was out of a vise.

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea but the OPs question is more on the lines of if the guns are capable not about the shooter. My point is that at typical hunting ranges and maybe a little further, yes they are just as capable. One ragged hole at 100 yards is one ragged hole, it don't matter what gun it was shot out of. Some people just like to wanna believe it's possible with a gun that don't cost $5000+
Now run it out to 1000+ yards and that's probably a different story.
I have a rifle that cost less than $1500.00 that is way capable of keeping them inside the X ring at 1000 yds with or with a scope. A 1000 yd target is 42 inchs across on the black center.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a hunter and all my bolt actions are set up for one shot kills. I was recently told by several ppl that was impossible to do with hunting rifles because they were not made to the mil specs standards of tactial bolt action rifles.

Do they know what they're talking about? Sounds like you know more about what you're doing than they do. If that's the case ignore them.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I don't need a heat shroud, bayonet lug, pistol grip, collapsible stock, ghost ring sights, side saddle, buttstock shell holder, forearm pistol grip, one-point sling, and desert camouflage on my $300 870 to make it effective?!? :D

That comment reminded me of an episode of the Simpsons.

Last edited by a moderator:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you consider to be accurized? Simply putting a decent stock or pillar glass bedding a wood stock will make an appreciable difference in accuracy. The biggest problem with the R700 is the stock and the fact that Remington made the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom