For all you Glock Operators . . . .Marines not happy with new 1911 design?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grip safety or not--if that fool had kept his finger off the trigger, he wouldn't have shot himself in the leg.

Well.. that and he didn't disengage the thumb safety somehow.

It's quite sad that someone can't teach some Marines how to operate a 1911 safely. Seems they did just fine in several wars previous to this generation. Can't fault the G19 choice though, I'd still prefer not to take the 9mm FMJ to war.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't fault the G19 choice though, I'd still prefer not to take the 9mm FMJ to war.
Fact is, pistols are only rarely used in battle anyway. Works out both ways--Pentagon saves a bunch of bucks chosing the plastic fantastic over the 1911, and new recruits whose principal exposure to firearms manipulation before joining the service comes from "Call of Duty" have a pistol they can just point and shoot.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well.. that and he didn't disengage the thumb safety somehow.

It's quite sad that someone can't teach some Marines how to operate a 1911 safely. Seems they did just fine in several wars previous to this generation. Can't fault the G19 choice though, I'd still prefer not to take the 9mm FMJ to war.

What? You think these MARSOC Marines can't operate a 1911? You have no idea what you're talking about; since you aren't an "operator" and in previous posts have acknowledged your lack of military experience. Still, you always seem to have something negative to spout off - reminds me of Fox News...full of BS and a freakin' legend in your own mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. Excuse me; I'm just an ignorant old retired Force Recon Marine...I can barely operate a simple pistol design, much less spell. I just don't like anybody dissing the military in general or Marines especially, unless they have been or are one if us. He isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. Excuse me; I'm just an ignorant old retired Force Recon Marine with a boatload of carry time and years of traing and my share of trigger time...I can barely operate a simple pistol design, much less spell.
One of these days I'll have to get up to OKC and go shooting with y'all at H&H some Sunday morning. I'll bring the P7s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom