For all you Glock Operators . . . .Marines not happy with new 1911 design?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1911 was a good design 100 years ago. Like the Edsel, the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, sometimes technology changes and you just need to let old things die. The 1911 is an outdated dinosaur that needs to be relegated to a display case in a firearms museum somewhere. Probably next to the flintlocks or cap & balls,

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1911 was a good design 100 years ago. Like the Edsel, the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, sometimes technology changes and you just need to let old things die. The 1911 is an outdated dinosaur that needs to be relegated to a display case in a firearms museum somewhere. Probably next to the flintlocks or cap & balls,

Unlike every other industry (including automotive industry), only two industries have been at stand still for the last hundred years - firearm and energy: still ejecting spent brass and still drilling for old trees...

1911 has its flaws, but people learned to work around them ... as long as current cartridge design (aka late 1800s) exist, so will 1911; it's like a good sword made 14th century is not much inferior to the one made in 21st - as long as there is a need for sword: good sword is still a good sword.

"More" "cheaper" does not mean "better" for everyone.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I found the Braums in Tuttle but my Marine buddy failed to inform me he ment a different Braums in another town.

Well did ya get the hot links? I told you that Braums has the best hot links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Wow, I'm sure glad you cleared that up for us.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That right there is funny. I love my Glocks (cuz they hold more boolits), but the 1911 outclasses any other handgun made. Ever, anywhere.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What an ignorant statement. The 1911 is a great weapon. Why on earth would so many gun manufacturers keep producing the slab side, in its many variations, if it weren't a good, dependable firearm? That would be illogical.

Stop being a hater. When it comes to firearms, diversity is a GOOD thing.

Troll on, Yukon...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425311655.222306.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom