For Telemarketers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got another unwanted call from India. I had never thought of doing this before but, it worked really well. I answered with the usual "Hello" and unknown said "Hello I'm calling" and I interrupted him with several more "Hellos". He kept saying "Can you hear me" and then he hung up. I laughed my butt off. That is my new SOP on telemarketers.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve told them hang on I’m banging your mother, they get really pissed. If the spoofed number shows a caller ID of DinkyTown Oklahoma and I recognize it and know it’s population 243, the game is on.

@@@@@@‘em get a real job and stop lying and cheating

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I speak them in my made up foreign language. Then after playing with them say, hold on I'll get him.
Then lay the phone down.
I've done that with the made up language before. BUT, the best thing to do is say Bangalor scammer! Madachode! That will really upset them.
We found that many of the mechanized call robots would respond to the word "hello," so we began to and with something like "This is Terry." Generally, we get about a 10 or 15 second time of silence and then a hang up. That way, if someone we know calls, everything is cool.
Yes if I answer at all, I just sit there and say nothing and then usually in a few seconds the line just disconnects, but a few times when I catch it just right, I immediately hold the phone up to talk radio I have going and they get to here Beck or someone LOL. They sometimes take awhile before they hang up. Back in the day, we used to use celebrity sound boards on them at my old work. One of the guys at work was from India and he found it particularly enjoying to participate in.

If you are so inclined, look up scammer revenge or whatever on youtube...some good vids of people in US messing with them and even reversing the scam on them.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be way off, but I have always been under the assumption that if you never answer their calls, then eventually they remove your number from the database so as not to waist time in the future.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could be way off, but I have always been under the assumption that if you never answer their calls, then eventually they remove your number from the database so as not to waist time in the future.
I'd hope you're right about that, kingfish... but I really doubt it. After all, if they ignore the 'Do Not Call' list in the first place, they aren't likely to ignore a potential victim (their income source), no matter how long it takes to get through. And the robo-call is automated, so it isn't really taking up (wasting) their time.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd hope you're right about that, kingfish... but I really doubt it. After all, if they ignore the 'Do Not Call' list in the first place, they aren't likely to ignore a potential victim (their income source), no matter how long it takes to get through. And the robo-call is automated, so it isn't really taking up (wasting) their time.
I realize it is not wasting a real human's time, but even robocall centers want to maximize their efficiency and connect with the maximum number of callers willing to listen to their message. If I were in charge, I would create an algorithm that would eliminate "dead" numbers and skip on to the next. I get almost no robocalls because I never answer a call from an unknown number that is not in my contacts list. Maybe this helps maybe not, but it seems to be working for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom