Four Legged Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Told ya he was ready for supper...
20240803_202223.jpg

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DOGS

Dogs got a raw deal when God assigned life spans to his creations. Even dogs blessed with the longest life spans are only here with us for short times. During the short lives they have, dogs we raise or take in to share as part of our lives spend the time with us as unwaveringly loyal and devoted friends. Dogs are pure spirits, unaffected by duplicity, political ideology or religious bias; their love is pure, unequivocal and unconditional.

The behavior of socialized dogs that work or live with individuals or families, indicates they have evolved to instinctively develop strong emotional bonds as well as collaborative behaviorswith humans. This is contrary to typical relationships between the vast majority of other animals and humans. However, this relationship has existed between men and dogs since ever since curious, adaptable ancestral wolves, and/or their captured pups, developed a working trust with men in exchange for food, shelter and social interaction in exchange for their services as sentries, skilled hunting companions, and co-defenders of their shared domain. It can be said that from the time this relationship began, a functioning unwritten social contract has existed between us.

Most dogs raised in domestication (regardless of their breed) exhibit an innate inclination to trust the people who care for them. This strength of this trait probably evolved due to both the efforts and perseverance of those who selectively bred them to the fact that the dog (Canis familiaris) possesses an inherent capacity to socially bond with a creature outside of its own Taxonomic Order: Carnivora. This fact has resulted in a close relationship with dogs and men (Homo erectus) now evolved into (Homo sapiens) of the Taxonomic Order: Primates. I find this adventitious relationship to be most curious and somewhat miraculous. This phenomenon certainly adds to the richness and complexity of our lives.

Dogs have acute senses of smell, hearing and sight with many of the other essential characteristics of their wolf ancestors. These include: awareness of the environment, perceptiveness, social cooperativity and intuition. They also possess some of the wolf’s ingenuity. However, unlike wolves, dogs will instinctively socialize, cooperate and seek help to solve problems from humans.

It’s a sad thing when dogs find themselves abandoned and placed in unfamiliar surroundings, they typically become shy, withdrawn and fearful. It isn’t hard to understand that when a friendly, trusting creature is removed from its familiar environment where it was safe and comfortable, placed in an unfamiliar confined space and isolated it from its caring prior human contacts, it exhibits behaviors motivated by fear and the empty feeling of betrayal that comes when a trusted partner has breached a long standing contract.

I find it morally and ethically reprehensible that, without any other cause than it has become economically and/or administratively inconvenient, to extinguish the life of a conscious creature that was intentionally bred to trust and socialize with humans while it knows something bad is happening and it trembles in fear with no way to escape. Those who condone and/or conduct operations for killing dogs are no better than mindless automatons which, by their nature, are either capable committing inconceivable, unjustifiable atrocities; or, who are basically dark spirited, evil beings that take pleasure in performing acts of cruelty. In either case, the world would be better off without them than without the creatures whose existence they extinguish. We abide in an unknowingly immense universe interspersed with bright galaxies and stars, glowing gas clouds and other phenomena moving across vast distances of cold, dark space., I am convinced that there are very few entities that are illuminated by consciousness of any kind in all of this space. The killing of trusting friends is an unforgivable disgrace! Personally, I’d rather set myself on fire and jump off a high building onto a heavily trafficked freeway than to euthanize Dogs for a living.

Our Dog Dixie On Patrol:
1722786584509.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Garfield gets more and more like Snoop every day. This is how he sleeps now. See any resemblance?? Lol

Also, all three of these damned cats will not only eat: Poptarts (strawberry is the hands down favorite), Ruffle potato chips, Twinkies and graham crackers, the second they hear a wrapper crinkle they come running they will do battle with you over it. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I think I am gonna start having to hide in the garage when I want a snack.
IMG20240328223828.jpg

IMG20240804120007.jpg

They (the kittens) have watched Dawg and Snoop and now know how to open the door to the garage if it is only pushed to but not latched. I was leaving it that way so poor Harvey could go out to his Man Cave and get away from the kids. They drive him NUTS sometimes crawling all over him. I will hear him growling like a full-grown tiger and look to see all three babies crawling all over him! 🤣🤣 He's never hurt them but man the look on his face says it all, so I fixed him a "cave" (a big box that has a hole cut in it on the front and back -- so the kittens can't corner him if they get out there too with a big, fluffy towel on the bottom for him). Sometimes he gets in it but generally he gets on the top of it and just lays there contemplating whatever cats contemplate while they are laying around.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Garfield gets more and more like Snoop every day. This is how he sleeps now. See any resemblance?? Lol

Also, all three of these damned cats not only eat: Poptarts (strawberry is the hands down favorite), Ruffle potato chips, Twinkies and graham crackers, the second they hear a wrapper crinkle they come running. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I think I am gonna start having to hide in the garage when I want a snack.
View attachment 499635
View attachment 499634

That boy likes to air out his gonads! LOL! Didn’t know cats ate such things!

Latest posts

Top Bottom