Four Legged Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These 2 are inseparable. Lol I have never seen a dog and a cat become so bonded. This morning Snoop was taking a piece of food out of his bowl and giving it to Garfield. Then he would get a bite for himself. Ahhhhh! He was SHARING! 🥰🥰🥰

And I am DEFINITELY gonna have to attach the cat tower to the wall -- it is just a matter of time before Snoop tries to climb the thing. I've seen him testing the bottom shelves a couple times. It's just a matter of time, I fear, before I see him on the tiptop platform with the G-man! 😳🫨🫨🫨

🤣🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 499961

What a dog! Not to many buddy up to a cat! He is more human, the boy likes his pussy! Haaaa!

That is cool they buddied up!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a cat before.....so @THAT Gurl what kind of damn cat food should I get?
I'm not sure I'm the person you should ask. 🤣🤣🤣

Here's the deal -- cats need a lot, A LOT!!! of moisture in their diet. Left to their own devices they will die from dehydration WAY quicker than malnutrition. So ...

I kinda feed my cats different than most people. They all get a can of wet food a couple, three times a day. The kind with the gravy in it because Harvey is a picky **** and tried to starve himself to death (honestly. He is skin and bones but he is getting better.) but I would mix it up between the pate type and the gravy with the shredded up meat stuff in it.

Feed a can every time you see the can empty, but change it out every 24 hours. If it's outside I think I'd change it every 12. Or take it up, put the leftovers in the fridge and then put it out 3-4 times a day.

These cats LOVE the moist food that Snoop and Dawg get in the evenings but that's not nutritionally adequate for cats so while they get to have some, I don't feed it too them. Too bad because those big cans of dog food are WAY cheaper than these little cans of cat food.

Dry food out all the time. Water out all the time.

There ya go. (Sorry you asked, huh?? 🤣)

Wet food: Friskies Gravy Pleasers or Pate

Dry food: Meow Mix

Wet dog food: Pedigree

Dry dog food: Member's Mark Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe

Right now, anyway. I am not attached to these brands. I generally buy whatever is on sale. That way my pets get a somewhat varied diet and learn that being picky doesn't work. (Well except for Harvey, anyway. He got so skinny I thought I was gonna have to take him in for treatment. I've never had a cat with an eating disorder before. 🤦🤦🤦

Oh! And about people food -- they ALL get to share with the chickens, so not a ton of it but again except for artificial sweeteners I don't keep anything from them. And it is amazing what cats will eat. Lol

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl let's just keep this damn cat liking stuff to ourselves....none of my riding friends need to know okay?
20240806_122026.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@bigred1 has he/she let you pet him/her yet??
No but he's coming up under the carport while I'm on the deck now instead of staying on the edge of my woods. It's funny watching him creep his way up here. Little x little
Gotta go in Monday and get a pacemaker put in. My 6 year old grandson (Rocky III) volunteered to feed Monkey for me. 🥰
My daughter-in-law will feed my Rotts cause Mother won't leave there til I do and I gotta stay there at least one night.

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm the person you should ask. 🤣🤣🤣

Here's the deal -- cats need a lot, A LOT!!! of moisture in their diet. Left to their own devices they will die from dehydration WAY quicker than malnutrition. So ...

I kinda feed my cats different than most people. They all get a can of wet food a couple, three times a day. The kind with the gravy in it because Harvey is a picky **** and tried to starve himself to death (honestly. He is skin and bones but he is getting better.) but I would mix it up between the pate type and the gravy with the shredded up meat stuff in it.

Feed a can every time you see the can empty, but change it out every 24 hours. If it's outside I think I'd change it every 12. Or take it up, put the leftovers in the fridge and then put it out 3-4 times a day.

These cats LOVE the moist food that Snoop and Dawg get in the evenings but that's not nutritionally adequate for cats so while they get to have some, I don't feed it too them. Too bad because those big cans of dog food are WAY cheaper than these little cans of cat food.

Dry food out all the time. Water out all the time.

There ya go. (Sorry you asked, huh?? 🤣)

Wet food: Friskies Gravy Pleasers or Pate

Dry food: Meow Mix

Wet dog food: Pedigree

Dry dog food: Member's Mark Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe

Right now, anyway. I am not attached to these brands. I generally buy whatever is on sale. That way my pets get a somewhat varied diet and learn that being picky doesn't work. (Well except for Harvey, anyway. He got so skinny I thought I was gonna have to take him in for treatment. I've never had a cat with an eating disorder before. 🤦🤦🤦

Oh! And about people food -- they ALL get to share with the chickens, so not a ton of it but again except for artificial sweeteners I don't keep anything from them. And it is amazing what cats will eat. Lol
DANG!! It's a good thing my cats can't read. With how much you feed yours wet food, they'd be beating down your door in a heartbeat. 😁

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No but he's coming up under the carport while I'm on the deck now instead of staying on the edge of my woods. It's funny watching him creep his way up here. Little x little
Gotta go in Monday and get a pacemaker put in. My 6 year old grandson (Rocky III) volunteered to feed Monkey for me. 🥰
My daughter-in-law will feed my Rotts cause Mother won't leave there til I do and I gotta stay there at least one night.
Lol, it won't be long before Monkey will be crawling all over you! 🥰🥰🥰

Behave yourself and mind Mother and the docs while you're getting your pacemaker. Hope it's a walk in the park for ya! 😘

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANG!! It's a good thing my cats can't read. With how much you feed yours wet food, they'd be beating down your door in a heartbeat. 😁
Rotflmao! It's Harvey's fault. Picky little ****. Actually, it's not ALL his fault -- the babies weren't really even old enough to be off the teat completely when I found them so wet food smoothies were the quickest, easiest way to get nutrition into to them (wet cat food blended with milk replacement formula). I am not gonna lie, I am spending WAY too much money on cat food right now! Lol Come fall when the weather cools off I think it will be time for "us" to eat a little less wet food ... Maybe just free feed and keep the dry food out alk the time, and heat up a bit of wet food a couple times a week for a treat. Harvey will still get his wet food all the time (he's still too skinny for this Momma's comfort, poor guy).

Latest posts

Top Bottom