Fred Baker passed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! I liked Fred and am sorry he is gone. Last time I saw him he was doing fine. Doubt Outdoor America will survive without him. Anybody know when he died? CB

edit: Peaanut, he owned the Outdoor America store in OKC on North MacArthur.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has always been good to me. I have bought alot of stuff from him over the years. I know his health has been bad for awhile. Sorry to hear.
I agree with you CB. The store has gone down hill while Fred has been sick. I would hate to lose it.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OAS will survive, Mrs. Baker has been running the store for a few years and Fred was really not involved much anymore. I was there on Saturday and they will continue to operate.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has been a friend of the families for quite sometime. Enjoyed talking guns over the years as well as having him around the Buick club. My father attended his funeral today, unfortunately I was unable to make it. Sad times.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased some guns from him at the old location when I was at OU. He helped me. Seems like when they became OAS, there was a definite shift in attitude by the staff. Still, mr. Baker was really fair with me when I was a gun noob. Condolences to his family and friends.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's sad. I am sure his wife will be able to handle it just fine. That's my favorite place to buy. There, and C&J in Bethany. Sorry for his family's loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom