Free one time knife sharpening for members over 500 post count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not interested in sharpening for money. It’s not worth the work. Just like to give back to the forum a bit. I’ve received some really great deals recently and appreciate it.

I use cardboard wheels on a buffer motor. I remove as little metal as possible. I don’t overheat edges or mess anything up. I’m a nerd with it. PM if interested. You’ll have to meet me at the Cracker Barrel on I35 and NE 122nd. I’ll be back two or three days later with your sharp knives. If I get several takers I’ll try to set up a time window to minimize driving.

No swords or machetes.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool offer! A Sharpening Class would be cool to have as well.
It would be. I wonder how productive it would be though. It’s kind of hard to learn quickly for most. It was for me.

I’m planning to make some knives soon that anyone can keep razor sharp with no skill. Just with leather on wood and wet/dry sand paper. Basically a 10 degree Scandi grind with a bit of convex. 3/32” steel. Probably AEBL. I want one for myself.

I don’t like how as you sharpen a knife you move up the grind and the edge becomes thicker by default. To keep the same geometry you end up with a wider bevel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom