Frozen Water Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, mine sure the heck are frozen. Not even a dribble. Left them all dripping and cabinet doors open. It's just too damn cold! Good thing I set aside a bunch of empty containers full of water.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're lucky, seems we've still got everything. I think. We left some dripping, but also we have all interior pipes, nothing on an exterior wall, nothing close to a north- or west-facing wall, and no crawlspace.

I left a little heaterfan thing in the garage, blowing directly onto our concrete slab. I know it isn't much to heat up a massive mass of rock, but it is about 10 feet from a spot we have a "belly" in a drain pipe that runs under our kitchen. This spot has frozen up in the past and caused a backflow of water from our washing machine drain hose, so I thought it might just give us a few more degrees of heat in that area to help. Who knows, I'm probably just wasting energy, but I thought it was worth a shot and we haven't frozen up yet - so I'm gonna claim credit! lol

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, mine sure the heck are frozen. Not even a dribble. Left them all dripping and cabinet doors open. It's just to damn cold! Good thing I set aside a bunch of empty containers full of water.

We have about half our house frozen, unfortunately that includes both showers. Might get a little stinky around here before the thaw.

At least they’re PEX so I’m hoping nothing bursts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea where it's frozen, but there ain't no way in hell Imma go out, in the freezer formerly known as the garage, to blow hot air on an unknown area.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found a second problem now besides my heat pump not shutting off.
Apparently my slab has shrunken so much I have 6 kitchen tiles that have pulled loose and shaped like a tent 1/2 high at the joints. Amazingly the grout joints did not break even after I stepped on it. Hopefully they will lay back down as it gets back warmer. I have lived in this house 14yrs and that never happened.

Its friggin cold alright. Still snowing maybe 4-5inches so far. A few trees tops I see have snapped on the treeline behind the house. I don't think its because of ice or the 10 mi wind, I think they are just frozen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom