Frozen Water Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am good except for my kitchen sink. The idiots that built my house ran my lines through my wall on the north side of the house for some reason. All my others come up through the foundation. I don’t know if I should turn the water on or leave it off. I don’t want the line to break. That would be a disaster. Are their any plumbers on here that can recommend what to do? I am gonna try and put a couple of heaters on that wall. And I left the cabinet doors open. I was running the sink all day and night but did some dishes and forgot to leave it streaming. It costed me. But I’m thankful we have water everywhere else. My parents and my sister have no water. We are all on wells.
Leave both your hot and cold not just dripping but a small stream that should help you get through this cold spell

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leave both your hot and cold not just dripping but a small stream that should help you get through this cold spell
I’m good on the others but my kitchen sink line is frozen. It runs through my north wall. I have the faucet open all the way and have been running a heater on it all day. No luck. I have fiber cement siding.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one time I lived in Arkansas and we had a winter storm and the kitchen faucet lines froze up (outside wall). Well, I got the old propane torch out and lit it up and sort of passed it over the frozen lines and oddly enough, some insulation paper was sticking out for some reason and it caught fire and the space between the 2x4s acted as a chimney (lot of drafts in that house). We were on total electricity and all I could do was grab a pan out of the sink that was full of water and throw it on the fire. Had I rand back to the bathroom to fill something up and then came back things could have gotten much worse. I put the fire out and now I use either a heat gun on low heat or hair dryer. I guess you can use this a lesson. And if you want to put it in a book you're writing you have my permission. It's not copyrighted anyway.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My main worry at our place is frozen sprinkler heads on our aerobic septic system.
So far I can only find one of the three. It was covered in ice; I kicked the ice off and it popped back down, so hopefully it will flow.
I'm going to keep looking for the other two.

I marked ours with plant rings. Had to break ice off of them on Monday. But at least they seem to be working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom