G42 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I watched the same review. Look into hpr ammo. It has the xtp bullet. I've been doing allot of research on .380 rounds for defense. This round, along with the federal hydra shock has some excellent reviews, consistent 12"+ penetration. Academy has 50 rounds for $28.99.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Went to the range yesterday with both .380, and .32acp guns(sorry no glock). Besides paper, I had other shooting media like coconuts. A coconut is a pretty hard target when being shot at with a .32 or .380. Most of the ammo being used for these were Hornady's tactical/self defense ammo. Out of ten targets at 25yds only one made a grazing shot, all the rest where very dynamic explosions upon contact. a couple of large roasts later, and I decided I wouldn't feel under gunned with either of my Walther PPK/s .380 or .32 for carry, and I really like the fact of my BDA380 loaded with 13+1 of Hornady's product along with two spare magazine's.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The failure to feed issue is with Critical Defense ammo, from what I can tell, AND they are using the slide stop to chamber the round. I have used the sling shot method forever, but I will try the slide stop here in a bit. The firing pin issue, I will also check on that.

Okay, after looking it over here is what I found. The firing pin will "float" when the slide is racked back. If you tilt the gun down, and look you can see the firing pin. Now, slowly lower the slide, and you can feel and hear a "click" just before it is in battery. If you continue to look, that is the firing pin being "reset?" back into the slide. The firing pin is NOT protruding when the gun goes back into full battery. After more inspection, I believe that is from the location of the safety plunger on the 42 in relation to the other glocks.

I used the slide lock on a full mag of Hyrashok, Golden Saber, and round nose and had no issues. I did not use it on Critical Defense for the simple fact it is not the best carry ammo for a 380 and I will not be using it.

I am not a glock armorer, or even an armchair gun smith, but I think the firing pin is working exactly as it was designed. I cannot speak on the failure to load the critical defense ammo issue.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up mine tonight. I am very impressed with the size and the way it feels in the hand. I'm looking forward to putting rounds down it. If it performs like all my other glocks then it's a keeper for sure. This is a pic compared to a 23 and 27.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_29_jazasa7u.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_29_6abe3yze.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_29_u2amemaz.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_29_9ubyzupe.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom