G42 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the new G42 to the range this afternoon. First shot standing was a bullseye, and they did not stray too far from that the entire session. The gun was a pleasure to shoot. Excellent ergonomics, point, click, bullseye. All day long. I had one stove pipe, the wife limp wristed it. Other than that, it was right on. I don't know if I just adjusted to it, or if it lightened, but the trigger felt stiff at first, but is buttery smooth now. I put 50 rounds of Federal FMJ and 7 rounds of Remington Golden Saber. One of the funnest range sessions I have had in a very long time. The gun is just fun to shoot. It's a keeper!

On a side note, I saw one for sell at the gun show. They were asking $485 for it. A little steep, but I imagine since it will be hard to find, it will draw that price.

Bronco'69

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
TSQUARE - thank you for the report on this. I have been thinking about picking on of these up and it looks like you just made up my mind ofr me. BTW there was on armslist BNIB that a guy was asking $750 for.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would pass on it for that price. Lol, its a great gun, but I'd keep an eye out at 2a and sports world, and maybe guntech over the next few weeks.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the same review. Look into hpr ammo. It has the xtp bullet. I've been doing allot of research on .380 rounds for defense. This round, along with the federal hydra shock has some excellent reviews, consistent 12"+ penetration. Academy has 50 rounds for $28.99.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I have an assortment of around 3000 rounds of 380 ammo, and as luck would have it, I don't have any of that ammo.

I am currently carrying a G36 and can't see myself going back to a 380 for self defense, but this little gun is very intriguing just the same.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 42 is the most finicky Glock I have ever shot. I am not a Glock guy at all but they usually run. Anyway tried some Flat nose FMJ ammo, it hated that I had at least a jam in every mag. Round nose FMJ ammo was flawless. 90 grain Speer Gold Dot JHP ran well, it did not like the Hornady 90 grain JHP. I know they will sell a bunch of them because its a Glock, but I really don't know a lot of people looking for a big .380, it would be much more attractive as a small 9mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom