Garage floor storm shelter co. recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flatsafe current pricing

They are months behind for install.

Ground zero matches all pricing of competitors. I went with GZ because of personal testimony from Sgtmojo and some others who have them but they were initially quoting 3595.... They matched the 2925 price without much hesitation, all you have to do is ask.

B

Bill Mac

Problems come when your water heater floods it for you. Many of them rust from the inside.
We had one installed from the builder when we built our house in 2010. It stands up about 2 inches or so above the ground. Would only be a problem with low riding vehicles. It's in our third bay so wouldn't pose a problem anyway. The builder is now using Flatsafe shelters and said that he prefers our raised one. Since we had a slight leak through our exterior garage door for quite a while before they got it fixed, I'm glad that we got the raised one too. Also glad that it's raised in case our water heaters ever spring a leak. Not sure who the maker was but I can ask if anyone is interested. It's been a blessing around central OK that we haven't had a bad season this year so far. Not so lucky obviously for Woodward and the north part of OK. The time to consider storm shelters is obviously way before the season hits, though this year there may not be a good time for the rest of the year! Get on the list to get one before next season.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going with the 8 person from Flat Safe. If you pay cash, they will give it to you at the price of the 6 man. The only bad thing is the wait. We ordered ours over a month ago and it is going to be July.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ignore the car, but you can see my Flat safe. They did a good job and I like it, but if I did it again I would use a composite (they weren't readily available when I put mine in...) I think all the flat shelters are the best answer for Tornado season.

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_May2009100.jpg

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went with Flat Safe, because I rent equipment to several save installers. They contract for all of the companies. Almost all of them told me to go with Flat Safe. Here is the price list. Maybe this will help some of you guys.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_18798_1337533938076.jpg

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had our Ground Zero installed a few months ago. Communication with the office help was horrible, but we stuck it out & installation was great.

i672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_2e71d161.jpg

i672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_a548f432.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got ours in on tuesday. Looks just like above. Installation was quick and clean. Highly recommend flatsafe. I got bumped nearly a month forward. fyi, commercial federal credit union has 1.9% finance on shelters if a person needs it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom