Garand makeover questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think maple stocks on Garands are beautiful. Realizing this is a fancy grade of maple...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v721_FTFFTW_MilSurp_M1_20Garand_HR5509397dressedup.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ODCMP is a great resource for information. The new production CMP stocks are pretty nice. They could use a little sanding to break the sharp edges and a good stain and finish applied. The CMP also sells match legal barrels from Kreiger. Take some before and after picture, we all like ogling a good looking gun.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats Quilted Maple. It works beautifully by machine but a PITA to work by hand.

I love the stuff, I have some Quilted Walnut that is very simular, but you cannot buy Quilted Walnut, you just have to find the right piece at the right time.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats Quilted Maple. It works beautifully by machine but a PITA to work by hand.

I love the stuff, I have some Quilted Walnut that is very simular, but you cannot buy Quilted Walnut, you just have to find the right piece at the right time.

Yeah some of that wood is almost pretty enough to eat! :D

I'd be happy with a plain-jane grade of maple on a Garand. I basically have a Garand anytime I want it. Just gotta buy it off my ex-FIL. I bet though that once I get it I'll just leave it stock. But maple is just so purdy...