Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the okra seeds in the dirt late this year and hadn’t been looking for any. But today I was water my garden and noticed these little boogers.
IMG_6678.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the benefits to raising goats is free (except for the labor) manure for the garden Cleaned out 2 of my six stalls of a Years accumulation of goat poop and bedding. Approximately 120 cu ft (4yds). Put it where the sweet corn, potatoes, and green beans have just been removed.

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are your guys tomatoes doing? Mine went gangbusters around mid-June, but since then the plants have been dying and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I don't know if I was watering too much or not enough, or if they didn't have enough nutrients (I fed them Miracle Grow every weekend).

After researching, it may be blight but I'm not familiar enough to know for sure. I'm thinking of just pulling them all, but if they might recover with cooler temps I didn't want to overreact.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the okra seeds in the dirt late this year and hadn’t been looking for any. But today I was water my garden and noticed these little boogers.
View attachment 491488
Our okra has been turning on quite a bit recently - from my late reseeding since the first round didn't work too well. Frying up some about every week and starting to give some away to family/neighbors.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are your guys tomatoes doing? Mine went gangbusters around mid-June, but since then the plants have been dying and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I don't know if I was watering too much or not enough, or if they didn't have enough nutrients (I fed them Miracle Grow every weekend).

After researching, it may be blight but I'm not familiar enough to know for sure. I'm thinking of just pulling them all, but if they might recover with cooler temps I didn't want to overreact.
Our are still going pretty strong. Not sure on why yours are dying but we had the same thing happen to our cucumber plant and it never recovered. Was good for a few weeks then just stopped and died. I don't like fresh cucumbers and have enough pickles so didn't investigate further.

Latest posts

Top Bottom