Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to pick some apples due to birds. Currently cooling in my walk in cooler.
IMG_20240729_185922474.jpg
IMG_20240729_185924831.jpg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Favorite memory of growing up on the farm. We had a couple pear trees that seems like had bumper crops every year. We didn’t harvest them or can any of them. But we would go out and enjoy a few every day while they were ripening.

Later we moved our hog pen over near them and we would feed them to the pigs. I assure you after the first load those pigs would get giddy when they saw us heading out to them.

Also we had a couple Shetland ponies who enjoyed eating them off the ground when they fell.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Favorite memory of growing up on the farm. We had a couple pear trees that seems like had bumper crops every year. We didn’t harvest them or can any of them. But we would go out and enjoy a few every day while they were ripening.

Later we moved our hog pen over near them and we would feed them to the pigs. I assure you after the first load those pigs would get giddy when they saw us heading out to them.

Also we had a couple Shetland ponies who enjoyed eating them off the ground when they fell.

We have a squirrel that eats half of a pear, drops it and moves on to another. The flies around the bottom of the tree are terrible, so I try to gather the half eaten ones off the ground each day and put them in my composter

Latest posts

Top Bottom