Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had good luck on killing what grass there is and a couple layers of good weed stop. And on the outside around them there will be a few inches of gravel.

I may even sit these on some old sheet metal I took off a barn I tore down.
You'll have better luck with the sheet metal and weed barrier combo.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my containers filled up with the Cole crops. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower. Smaller containers are Chinese cabbage. I haven't grown it before so we will see .
IMG_20240913_175207699_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240913_175214317_HDR.jpg

I still have more to plant outside if we would get some rain.
I'm going to plant saffron crocus
IMG_20240903_094859556_HDR.jpg

I'm going to plant saffron crocus in this container
IMG_20240913_175400919_HDR.jpg
i mixed perlite and potting mix 50/50 to have good drainage. I hear the sweet spot is plant 3" deep and 3" apart. I guess I'll find out how many will fit in there. I've tried growing them in the past but my soil mix was to dense and stayed too wet so they rotted.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got my containers filled up with the Cole crops. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower. Smaller containers are Chinese cabbage. I haven't grown it before so we will see .View attachment 510996View attachment 510997
I still have more to plant outside if we would get some rain.
I'm going to plant saffron crocus
View attachment 510998

I'm going to plant saffron crocus in this containerView attachment 510999i mixed perlite and potting mix 50/50 to have good drainage. I hear the sweet spot is plant 3" deep and 3" apart. I guess I'll find out how many will fit in there. I've tried growing them in the past but my soil mix was to dense and stayed too wet so they rotted.

Do you eat all of that? That looks like a LOT of produce

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch this thread. You folks are into some serious gardening.
Since starting to travel on the road our garden is bermuda grass now with the asparagus the only thing growing.
That being said, we have some thick insulated pots left over from when the pool was still here that are sitting in the asparagus bed area. Put in some turnip seeds a week ago and have sprouts today.
It should be early enough to get a little crop.
Planted turnips as part of a food plot for deer years ago and learned to like them for eating. Many different ways to cook them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom