Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ain't even opening the door here.

All that cold out there is already doing its best to get in here. No way do I want to help it.
Ive got 12" of insulation in the attic and the walls seem tight. The cheap ass builder grade windows however, are letting plenty of cold in. As soon as the weather breaks in Spring I'll be calling Thermal Windows of OK to replace them all. I had their windows in my last house and that was the best $7k I ever sent. 13 windows and a sliding back door. I couldnt even hear thunderstorm or hear a Harley speed past. Heating and cooling went down probably
35-40%

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive got 12" of insulation in the attic and the walls seem tight. The cheap ass builder grade windows however, are letting plenty of cold in. As soon as the weather breaks in Spring I'll be calling Thermal Windows of OK to replace them all. I had their windows in my last house and that was the best $7k I ever sent. 13 windows and a sliding back door. I couldnt even hear thunderstorm or hear a Harley speed past. Heating and cooling went down probably
35-40%
Put some bubble wrap over them

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put some bubble wrap over them
Or fix them the proper way.
I dont do things half azzed lol. $2500 should do the north windows and back door including in my bedroom.
last night I could feel the space heater on my right and cold air coming off the windows to my left.
I dont use the furnace. Get a badass radiant heater in the bed room then in morning I'll come out to a 65 degree living room/kitchen, kept warm by the fireplace that has a thermostat on it. I usually turn that up to 70 and in 15 minutes its there.
Living alone I see no need to heat all the rooms I never go into.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or fix them the proper way.
I dont do things half azzed lol. $2500 should do the north windows and back door including in my bedroom.
last night I could feel the space heater on my right and cold air coming off the windows to my left.
I dont use the furnace. Get a badass radiant heater in the bed room then in morning I'll come out to a 65 degree living room/kitchen, kept warm by the fireplace that has a thermostat on it. I usually turn that up to 70 and in 15 minutes its there.
Living alone I see no need to heat all the rooms I never go into.

Or complain till you get them fixed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't use electricity?
Terry can use generators to "boondock" when your off grid. Some RV folks have up to a thousand watts of solar panels on their roofs that will run water pumps, LED lighting, charge the batteries that supply electricity to appliances through an inverter and some heat with propane.
These modern rigs are pretty self sufficient if the owner wants them to be.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry can use generators to "boondock" when your off grid. Some RV folks have up to a thousand watts of solar panels on their roofs that will run water pumps, LED lighting, charge the batteries that supply electricity to appliances through an inverter and some heat with propane.
These modern rigs are pretty self sufficient if the owner wants them to be.
If it is self sufficient. But what if it isn't. Solar wasn't doing a lot of good in my area the the last week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom