Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Its 5 degrees and I took a cup of boiling water and opened the back door. Tossed the water across the patio about 6 feet high and probably 75% of it vaporized into a huge cloud of steam. The other landed on the concrete and was frozen solid within 10 seconds. Science is cool stuff.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres the email I received

Due to high heating demand in response to the extremely cold temperatures, we are asking our Oklahoma customers to temporarily lower their thermostat settings to help conserve natural gas.

We ask you, if possible, to reduce your thermostat setting to 60-65 degrees during the day when at home – and lower it an additional 5-10 degrees when asleep or away from home – until Friday morning, Feb. 19. This step can help ensure that all customers continue to have gas service to stay warm during the intensely cold weather.

If you experience a loss of gas service, please contact us at 888-876-5786.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank our customers for all your energy conservation efforts at this challenging time.
Oklahoma Natural Gas just stopped by and asked us to do the same thing. Several neighbors are seeing low gas pressure alarms on their tankless water heaters. Those tankless heaters consume twice as much gas as a heater does.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Its 5 degrees and I took a cup of boiling water and opened the back door. Tossed the water across the pation about 6 feet high and probaly 75% of it vaporized into a huge cloud of steam. The other landed on the concrete and was frozen solid within 10 seconds. Science is cool stuff.
I ain't even opening the door here.

All that cold out there is already doing its best to get in here. No way do I want to help it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Natural Gas just stopped by and asked us to do the same thing. Several neighbors are seeing low gas pressure alarms on their tankless water heaters. Those tankless heaters consume twice as much gas as a heater does.

Well that’s not good

Latest posts

Top Bottom