Getting a new carry gun, need info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative. Eclipse Ultra II is a .45 I believe. Caliber is open ended as I have carried .45, .40 and 9x19 (currently .40).

im with a kimber UCII 45, beretta 9 SC, and ruger LCP 380, but i like to have different options for a large choice of clothes, and im not a big fella so its nice to have choices...:cannon:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im with a kimber UCII 45, beretta 9 SC, and ruger LCP 380, but i like to have different options for a large choice of clothes, and im not a big fella so its nice to have choices...:cannon:

People often think that a bigger guy can conceal easier. I would say that may be true if said guy is big and in shape. Im 6'/250 (I wouldnt say Im a big guy, but I aint small) and my "love handles" cause most guns to print in certain holsters. I can usually summer carry a full size 1911 without any printing, however, I am looking for something in the no more than 4" barrel market. Picked up a G36 to see how it fit, and although I would prefer a steel gun, I really liked it.

So, here again, Im torn.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People often think that a bigger guy can conceal easier. I would say that may be true if said guy is big and in shape. Im 6'/250 (I wouldnt say Im a big guy, but I aint small) and my "love handles" cause most guns to print in certain holsters. I can usually summer carry a full size 1911 without any printing, however, I am looking for something in the no more than 4" barrel market. Picked up a G36 to see how it fit, and although I would prefer a steel gun, I really liked it.

So, here again, Im torn.

Glock 36 is nice. Had one once but sold it just because the 26 isnt that much bigger and I get 10 tries to hit the bad guy as compared to the 6 with the 36.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the G23 and G19 are also viable options and also carry more rounds even yet. I carry my G19 IWB sometimes but when I want the smallest, I go with the G26 IWB or S&W J frame in front pocket.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So, here again, Im torn.

I can relate. My ass is slightly wider than my shoulders. The CW9 I can hide though. Another option that I want to try is a bobtailed 1911 in a Commander length barrel. One of these days...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the G23 and G19 are also viable options and also carry more rounds even yet. I carry my G19 IWB sometimes but when I want the smallest for I go with the G26 IWB or S&W J frame in front pocket.

Already carrying a G23. Comparing to the G36, while the slide length is not much different, the gun height is enough. What I have found in all the guns I have CC'd is that I either need a thinner grip (like my full size 1911, but shorter slide) or shorter grip (like g26/27 or g36-although size loss isnt as good on the g36 when going from a g23).

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you already have the G23 then to me the G27 would be my option. I just got out of the .40cal guns so thats why I carry the G26 mostly. If your happy with the Glock you probably won't like say a kahr, XD, M&P, etc. I tried several others but once you get used to shooting glocks and the feel of them nothing else compares. Besides my revolvers and 22 pistols, I only have Glocks and 1911's. Shooting the same make of guns for defensive purposes helps you stay ready in case the situation arises that you have to defend yourself.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People often think that a bigger guy can conceal easier. I would say that may be true if said guy is big and in shape. Im >6'/250< (I wouldnt say Im a big guy, but I aint small) and my "love handles" cause most guns to print in certain holsters. I can usually summer carry a full size 1911 without any printing, however, I am looking for something in the no more than 4" barrel market. Picked up a G36 to see how it fit, and although I would prefer a steel gun, I really liked it.

i wish i was 6' tall,:hyper: that be great!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom