Getting Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good analogy!
If you can't drive a manual - you shouldn't be driving.

I fail to see the logic behind this. While I'm an aficionado of driving vehicles with a manual transmission - my daily driver has always had one - the fact remains that less than 7% of all vehicles sold today have a manual transmission. That percentage has been low since the 1980s when it was around 30%; with today's computerized technology, there really is no practical reason for driving a stick shift under ordinary conditions. Now I'm not talking of using the clutch to rock a CJ-5 out of a deep rut on the Rubicon Trail - just plain, everyday driving. Many people today who are safe, responsible drivers are going to have an automatic tranny - does that fact mean they should not be driving? I don't get it.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fail to see the logic behind this. While I'm an aficionado of driving vehicles with a manual transmission - my daily driver has always had one - the fact remains that less than 7% of all vehicles sold today have a manual transmission. That percentage has been low since the 1980s when it was around 30%; with today's computerized technology, there really is no practical reason for driving a stick shift under ordinary conditions. Now I'm not talking of using the clutch to rock a CJ-5 out of a deep rut on the Rubicon Trail - just plain, everyday driving. Many people today who are safe, responsible drivers are going to have an automatic tranny - does that fact mean they should not be driving? I don't get it.

Well the point I was trying to make is that people nowadays tend to choose the path of least resistance so to speak. People dont drive manuals anymore because it's too hard to text and drive!! They probably arent going to be into fighting with lacquered ammo and polishing the chamber to cleanliness or even de-cosmoing the rifle. Even though thats half the fun!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the point I was trying to make is that people nowadays tend to choose the path of least resistance so to speak. People dont drive manuals anymore because it's too hard to text and drive!! They probably arent going to be into fighting with lacquered ammo and polishing the chamber to cleanliness or even de-cosmoing the rifle. Even though thats half the fun!

Got it. By the way, no one should use a cell phone while driving - texting or calling, hands-on or hands-off. It's tough enough paying attention to the road as it is!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Milsurp is not every day rifle either - you can pick-up a sub $300 hunting/plinking/target rifle in common caliber, that is easy to scope, and easy to customize with triggers, stocks, barrels, bolts, etc.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted a pic somewhere on here of my mosin. I love that gun it goes to the range with me every time I go. Yeah it kicks like a dang mule but I still love it. I dont even know badge bunny cept seeing her posts on here. I am a girl to you know!

Latest posts

Top Bottom