given glock another chance...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 26 is more gooder than my 17 at 10 yds. Of course my 17 has been used and abused and could use a little work. I was talked into the Glocks by another esteemed board member and now I'm looking to expand into the .45 realm.

When Glock made the model 21, all of the .45ACP fans rejoiced... :woohoo1:

...until they picked one up! :bigeye:

The Glock 21 is probably the most uncomfortable gun I ever held in my entire life. I know I said that Glocks are tools and aren't suppossed to feel good in the hand, but Jesus Christ! That thing is a friggin' brick! :ooh2:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When Glock made the model 21, all of the .45ACP fans rejoiced... :woohoo1:

...until they picked one up! :bigeye:

The Glock 21 is probably the most uncomfortable gun I ever held in my entire life. I know I said that Glocks are tools and aren't suppossed to feel good in the hand, but Jesus Christ! That thing is a friggin' brick! :ooh2:

True, but they sure shoot well, the answer.............21SF Steve

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 21SF was OK but definately not the answer. I bought one and had Olyeller stipple it. IT was better but just not that great. :D Although I will say my G/F has a G30SF and that's a great little gun.

If you want a .45 then go with a 1911. Contrary to cliches.... they've been shown to enemies for 100 years and worked as an honest service pistol longer than glock has been around. :D

The G26 is one of the best carry platforms out there IMHO.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 21SF was OK but definately not the answer. I bought one and had Olyeller stipple it. IT was better but just not that great. :D Although I will say my G/F has a G30SF and that's a great little gun.

If you want a .45 then go with a 1911. Contrary to cliches.... they've been shown to enemies for 100 years and worked as an honest service pistol longer than glock has been around. :D

The G26 is one of the best carry platforms out there IMHO.

You know I've talked to a lot of WW2 vets and I have yet to find one who actually carried a 1911 into battle.Most of them laugh and say something like "why would you take a pistol into battle to face riflemen?"My dad didn't,he was an artillery officer and carried a M1 carbine.My uncle was an Army Air Corps Lt. Colonel who flew B17s in the Pacific Theater and he carried a S&W revolver.My father in law was a staff sergeant in European Theater and he carried a Garand.That's just my family,I've talked to many others and can't find a single one who carried one.Now I'm not saying noone ever did but I think it was kind of rare and this great reputation was greatly exagerated.There is no way I would even think twice about what 45 I would carry,the 20SF and to me it feels just enough different from a 20 to seal the deal. Steve

BTW,I don't carry any 45s, 9mm and 357 Sig are my pistol calibers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I've talked to a lot of WW2 vets and I have yet to find one who actually carried a 1911 into battle.Most of them laugh and say something like "why would you take a pistol into battle to face riflemen?"My dad didn't,he was an artillery officer and carried a M1 carbine.My uncle was an Army Air Corps Lt. Colonel who flew B17s in the Pacific Theater and he carried a S&W revolver.My father in law was a staff sergeant in European Theater and he carried a Garand.That's just my family,I've talked to many others and can't find a single one who carried one.Now I'm not saying noone ever did but I think it was kind of rare and this great reputation was greatly exagerated.There is no way I would even think twice about what 45 I would carry,the 20SF and to me it feels just enough different from a 20 to seal the deal. Steve

G20... So you'd carry a 10mm ?? :D

Well, considering there was well over a million if not a few? in service, I'm going to say a few got used. :naughty: Either way, anecdotes aside, it seems they survived several wars and had a good history of service life. Even now, you see the Marines trying to re-establish the platform in elite groups. The FBI HRT uses it exclusively. Now glocks are great guns in the same in certain calibers and in certain frame sizes but the cliche as stated doesn't really have any truth to it. :D

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
G20... So you'd carry a 10mm ?? :D

. :D

No,miss type,I'm no clerk, you knew I meant 21.Lots of people like 1911s based on 40 tears of shooting and owning no less than 12 or so, many different brands including the biggies,Colt,Springfield,Kimber,S&W,assorted customs built from bare frames and I have yet to find one that is even remotely what I would call reliable.I can't bring myself to buy a $2500 one(Nighthawk,Wilson,Les Baer,etc.) to get $400-$500 Glock reliability. Steve

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I knew what you meant hence the smiley. :D :D :D

Lots of people like 1911s based on 40 tears of shooting and owning no less than 12 or so, many different brands including the biggies,Colt,Springfield,Kimber,S&W,assorted customs built from bare frames and I have yet to find one that is even remotely what I would call reliable.I can't bring myself to buy a $2500 one(Nighthawk,Wilson,Les Baer,etc.) to get $400-$500 Glock reliability. Steve

I know my $350 Norinco has been perfect so far. Couldn't say as much about the G22 I sold last year. So YMMV. :D Of course I can name the rest of my 1911s aswell but most of them cost more than a Glock.

Wilson's ARE expensive but they last. Eric has over 90K through his.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel so honored! Ride da fire used my quote as his signature! :hyper:

Thanks Sir, because I strongly agreed with what you said.

I don't know maybe I'm retarded to say this but I shot my G26 more accurate than my G19, most of people will disagree with me on this.......

... wait for it..

..wait for it........

........... wait for it.............

Latest posts

Top Bottom