given glock another chance...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You mean like where the DEA did the "Frisbee test" with Glocks and the frame seperated from the slide and it discharged? :D

Funny....never heard of that with a 1911. :D

No, but then again I'm not planning to throw my Glock at anything.Now with the 1911,I see where that would be useful since I have experienced them going "click" when they should have gone "bang" numerous times. Steve

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say it for ya. For all practical purposes they are the best damned gun out there.

Please name me one gun that is, pardon the pun, a better bang for the buck. Granted there are a few that are comparable; they do not have 30+ years of an utterly reliable reputation.

For all practical purposes, I would agree. As I said in the same post you quoted me on, they are a tool. To judge them by any other standard would be inappropriate. Would you judge a hammer based on the features of a impact wrench? I think the fact I currently carry only Glock pistols is a testament to that belief.

However, I still wont say they are the best danged gun out there. I have had, and currently have better guns... but there lies the paradigm. Do I carry those "better" guns? Why? (Do I need an impact wrench, a compound miter saw, or do I just need a hammer?)

Follow me?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but then again I'm not planning to throw my Glock at anything.Now with the 1911,I see where that would be useful since I have experienced them going "click" when they should have gone "bang" numerous times. Steve

They ARE reliable at going Boom in a big way....

[Broken External Image]

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v146_C5Sam_glock03kaboom.jpg

awww.frontsight.com_Images_DamagedGlock21_Glock21FrameCloseUp_640x480.gif

a4.bp.blogspot.com__8IcO1ehweFs_Rl40LchyT9I_AAAAAAAAA2o_a63GtBOPfuc_s320_Glock_20_kaboom.jpg

awww.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2010_02_img00215_tfb.jpg

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Glocks are great guns guys.....I still own 5 but it just seems that everytime someone breaks out the koolaid they don't realize they live in a glass house.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

a4.bp.blogspot.com__8IcO1ehweFs_Rl40LchyT9I_AAAAAAAAA2o_a63GtBOPfuc_s320_Glock_20_kaboom.jpg

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Glocks are great guns guys.....I still own 5 but it just seems that everytime someone breaks out the koolaid they don't realize they live in a glass house.

These are all clearly cases of massive limp-wristing. :pms2:

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

that makes me not want to shot either one of mine...:ooh2:

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pbbth. Overpressured reloaded rounds, in over used brass. Same thing would happen to an AR, or most any gun when ammo is reloaded with negligence.
my cuz had a shotgun do that 20 years ago, any reason gives me a new found respect for (any)gun:fullauto: you know what will rogers said dont ya"**** happens"...:D

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my cuz had a shotgun do that 20 years ago, any reason gives me a new found respect for (any)gun:fullauto: you know what will rogers said dont ya"**** happens"...:D

Certainly! I think everybody should have that respect. Its definitely an item where diligence and caution are always considered top priority. The use of our hands is what separates us from lower animals. We lose our digits and we are screwed. ;)

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I'm not drinking any Kool Aid,just based on 21 years of carrying and shooting Glocks,all calibers at one time or another.I've still got my 19 I bought in 1990,it has had 1000's of rounds through it with out even a hick up.I teach Cleet Phase 4 at Center of Professional Studies,we have 5 G-19's that have over 50K through each of them and the only thing we have ever had to do is replace the trigger reset spring occasionally.Never had a k-boom.No Kool Aid here just real experience,not internet pictures. Steve

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not drinking any Kool Aid,just based on 21 years of carrying and shooting Glocks,all calibers at one time or another.I've still got my 19 I bought in 1990,it has had 1000's of rounds through it with out even a hick up.I teach Cleet Phase 4 at Center of Professional Studies,we have 5 G-19's that have over 50K through each of them and the only thing we have ever had to do is replace the trigger reset spring occasionally.Never had a k-boom.No Kool Aid here just real experience,not internet pictures. Steve

Steve, you're alright. I dont care what people say about ya. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom