given glock another chance...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I've talked to a lot of WW2 vets and I have yet to find one who actually carried a 1911 into battle.Most of them laugh and say something like "why would you take a pistol into battle to face riflemen?"My dad didn't,he was an artillery officer and carried a M1 carbine.My uncle was an Army Air Corps Lt. Colonel who flew B17s in the Pacific Theater and he carried a S&W revolver.My father in law was a staff sergeant in European Theater and he carried a Garand.That's just my family,I've talked to many others and can't find a single one who carried one.Now I'm not saying noone ever did but I think it was kind of rare and this great reputation was greatly exagerated.There is no way I would even think twice about what 45 I would carry,the 20SF and to me it feels just enough different from a 20 to seal the deal. Steve

BTW,I don't carry any 45s, 9mm and 357 Sig are my pistol calibers.

My ole lady's grandfather carried one - I don't know what my grandfather's weapon was, and my father somehow never got issues anything but m16s it seemed he said. (grandfathers were both enlisted men/NCOs and my father is an officer but retired)

Not everybody was issued one. My stint in service came after they were replaced by the M9 so I hadn't shot one until my RIA.

I'd imagine they were issued and carried about how the M9 is today.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Sir, because I strongly agreed with what you said.

I don't know maybe I'm retarded to say this but I shot my G26 more accurate than my G19, most of people will disagree with me on this.......

... wait for it..

..wait for it........

........... wait for it.............

I did the same. I've shot G21,23 owned a G19 and carried a G26 for 8years now. Didn't like the 21 at all. 23 and 19 were ok. Could always outshoot the 19 with the 26, no matter the distance. Guess it just fits my hand a little better. Have he pearce extensions on mags btw. Makes my pinky happy. Actually shoot the 26 better than my XDM also but that ones relatively new. Only about 200 rounds through it. At least 10x that through the 26.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, am I the only guy here who likes the feel of glocks, and particularly the .45's? I have a G30 and it fits my hands like a glove. I love the feel of the 21 too, although I dont own one (yet).

I don't think my hands are freakishly huge or misshapen or anything.

After all the shooting with my glock, I don't feel as comfortable with any gun that has removable grips (like 1911's, etc). They just don't give me that sense of synergy with the gun. It's a very minor thing, but one that I notice.

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Sir, because I strongly agreed with what you said.

I don't know maybe I'm retarded to say this but I shot my G26 more accurate than my G19, most of people will disagree with me on this.......

... wait for it..

..wait for it........

........... wait for it.............

Well I guess I'm retarded too because I shot my G27 better than my G22. Which is good because the G27 is what I carry!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After all the shooting with my glock, I don't feel as comfortable with any gun that has removable grips (like 1911's, etc). They just don't give me that sense of synergy with the gun. It's a very minor thing, but one that I notice.

I understand what you are saying. :chat:

I always look at a gun and consider it's "drop" factor. Meaning if/when a weapon is dropped, what parts of it will survive the shock and what parts wouldn't? IMO, the 1911's beavertail is very vulnerable to this. I would be afraid that if it landed on it, it could somehow be bent to the point that it couldn't be engaged. Same thing for the hammer and possibly the thumb safety. Too many gadgets sticking out.

Nightops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never could get used to the grip angle of the Glocks until my dealer waved a few unissued police trade-in G27 under me. They just felt good as a compact platform. I've even let a G23 substitute in for larger carry duty to replace my Wilson KZ-45

zerotonothing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never hear me say "They're the best danged gun out there."

I'll say it for ya. For all practical purposes they are the best damned gun out there.

Please name me one gun that is, pardon the pun, a better bang for the buck. Granted there are a few that are comparable; they do not have 30+ years of an utterly reliable reputation.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always look at a gun and consider it's "drop" factor. Meaning if/when a weapon is dropped, what parts of it will survive the shock and what parts wouldn't? IMO, the 1911's beavertail is very vulnerable to this. I would be afraid that if it landed on it, it could somehow be bent to the point that it couldn't be engaged. Same thing for the hammer and possibly the thumb safety. Too many gadgets sticking out

You mean like where the DEA did the "Frisbee test" with Glocks and the frame seperated from the slide and it discharged? :D

Funny....never heard of that with a 1911. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom