Glasses after the apocalypse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do your long term plans for corrective lenses look?

I've thought about buying up extra eyes at one of those cheap Chinese places, or just getting laser eye surgery and being done with it.

I'm just curious how you've handled this aspect of Z-Day.

It's hard to use the boomstick on something you can't see very well.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think about this all the time, have a couple back up pair but that's it . Member#490008 of the Can't See **** Club.

Right there with you. It often enters my mind when I'm balls deep in the woods walking out as Ra paddles the sun across the sky. If I ever lost my glasses in the woods I'd be screwed, and I don't usually carry a backup. Hell I go on multi-day wilderness trips with one pair of glasses and if I lose them I'm going to be crying on my hands and knees.

I figure after the apocalypse people like us will get along pretty good until we break our glasses. At that point we may be forced to become the leash-bound sex slaves of burly man-rapists.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
prod_images.exhibit_e.com_www_petzel_com_Time_Enough_at_Last0.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's prolly my second favorite Twilight Zone after Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? Terrifying.

Oh, well it that case, that's not so bad. I mean if you can't see the pain, are you really feeling it?

Play the hand you're dealt I reckon. Bit of trivia for you: The Leash-Bound Sex Slaves of Burly Man-Rapists is actually the title of a novel Faulkner was working on at the time of his death. It was lost for years and I picked it up at a garage sale just outside of Camden, Arkansas. It was in the bottom of a box containing broken transistor radios and a VHS copy of the Weird Al comedy "UHF" that I bought for $2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom