Glock 22 w/Lone Wolf 9mm Barrel and CTD review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got my Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel today and picked up a few Glock 17 mags from OPS for $15 a piece (care of DaveK - many thanks man).

I ordered the LW barrel from Cheaper Than Dirt despite my hatred for their company's price-hiking during the election scare. I figured if I can give some of our local gun-shops, Spikes Tactical, and even a few of the ammo-gouging douches on this board a second chance, then why not CTD?

I've purchased a few things from them in the past, but I have since learned to despise their love of selling airsoft-quality parts passed off as "military-grade" (or other tacti-cool adjectives) as well as their infamous price-hiking that was so ridiculous, they actually hiked prices higher than their "suggested retail price" which was well below their "Your low price" and the "customer savings" showed a negative number.

And also, the only two other places online had phone numbers with no one answering, so I made my way down the list to CTD and I've got to say, I'm impressed with how they have attempted to make amends with the shooting community (after screwing all of us).

So late yesterday afternoon I ordered the barrel (and picked up a few extra goodies including an extended mag-release, 3.5LB trigger-connector, butt-plug, and a Ghost armors tool with orange plate).

It friggin showed up at my door via Fed-Ex ground today. Now, I will say that the Ghost tool wasn't in the box (but that hardly mattered to me at that point since I didn't expect any of it until Tuesday of next week at the soonest). I called them up and without any issue, they said they would send it out.

I guess everything they had was in their TX location and it made it to me in less than 24 hours.

Installed an extended slide-stop and I've got to say that as much as people have raved on Glocks being simple to take-down completely and detail strip - holy crap they're right. Putting them back together is a step-in-order process that requires paying attention, but I'm seriously impressed with how easy it is vs. any of my Sigs (even the older Sigs with roll-pins).

I'm looking forward to shooting it tomorrow (if I can get away to test it out).

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll like it. Not long ago, a Bixby police officer shot basically the same set up during a TDSA AP1 class without a hiccup.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I got the Glock out and shot it with the lone wolf barrel in it and aside from some erratic brass every now and then (it was worse with the wife as she tends to limp-wrist a little), it ran great for the most part. Very accurate and its been a while for me on a Glock, but I didn't do bad when shooting multiple targets and changing mags.

I will say that it gave me one category 2 malfunction (double-feed) during initial break in and that sort of scared me until I realized that I'd never carry the gun or use it for self-defense in its current configuration (I'd put the .40 barrel back in it and possibly use it then). over 150rds after that and no issues what so ever.

Oh and CTD delivered my Glock tool the next day (on a Saturday).

jrvinny

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the same barrel and have been very pleased with it. Probably put about 300 rds through it with absolutely no problems. Shoots like a dream. I got it to use at the range (only) so I could shoot cheaper 9mm. I put the .40 barrel back in for carry. Since I was in the saving money state of mind I bought the Korean 9mm mags to go with it. Got 4 mags for $10 each. That's $140 for basically a second gun. Someone should have explained this math to Sig when they were pricing out the caliber conversions on their P250!

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been reading about the aftermarket barrels lately. It's good to hear that you have had success with the Lone Wolf barrel

and a Ghost armors tool with orange plate

Being semi new to Glocks myself, I have see these orange plates several times. I know where they go on the gun, but what exactly are they for? Is it strictly cosmetic, or are you suppose to put it on a gun that is currently being worked on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom