Glock 23 and IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and 200lbs. I carry a Glock 33 in a MTAC Minotaur. I got the new appendix model that doesn't cant. I normally carry at a 4:00, just behind the hip.

The gun I truly loved for deep cover was a S&W 60 in a cheap nylon low rider IWB holster and I would wear it clipped on my belt at 1:00. It was short enough that I could set without it jabbing me or being uncomfortable.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....Kytac Braveheart that I carry my 23 in .....

This one? isn't this the one made by the guy in Edmond?

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_img117.gif

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep that's a Bravehart!!
I've got a bushel basket full of holsters and the Bravehart is one if not the best IWB holster I have.. I carry a G35 and a G23 in them.
Get one you'll like it..

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad wants me to try his Crossbreed. Next time he is up here I will try it for the weekend.

BTW. I am on my second day of carrying in my Canute in its new position (4:00) so far so good.

BC

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad wants me to try his Crossbreed. Next time he is up here I will try it for the weekend.

BTW. I am on my second day of carrying in my Canute in its new position (4:00) so far so good.

BC

I don't carry a G23, but I do carry a P229 SCT which is pretty much the same size and almost as blocky. I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck at an appendix position. I have it set to the maximum cant and it's VERY concealable and even when I sit, it doesn't dig in. The extra cant puts the tip of the barrel on the outside of my leg and the gun sort of rolls forward or folds forward with my body and doesn't dig in.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 228 (about the same size as a G23) a lot in the winter and, being skinny, I have the same problem as you. The back of the grip will print if you bend a little too much. Wearing a couple thin, loose layers with a light jacket over those helps. The best thing is to learn to bend at the knees. Us skinny guys are just SOL.

Ohh and I've tried appendix carry. There is no way it would work for me. I don't make it half-way to the chair before the bottom of the holster jams into my leg.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh and I've tried appendix carry. There is no way it would work for me. I don't make it half-way to the chair before the bottom of the holster jams into my leg.

I thought the same thing about appendix carry but then I increased the cant and shifted it just a little bit more around to the side (2:15-2:25-ish??) and I can sit very comfortably. The barrel slides to the outside edge of my leg and the gun folds with me, instead of just jamming into my leg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom