Glock G42 - Anyone carrying this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
glock-42-semiautomatic-pistol.jpg

My wife has been shooting a little M&P 380 and loves it. In looking for hers, it got me to looking at the other options out there and the G42 seemed like it was a friendly little fella, full of spunk and ready to please. I'm about half worried that the next time I walk by the gun shop one of the little boys might just follow me home.
Anyone have any experience with them? Any FTF or other weirdness?

I don't really need another pistol, but when has that ever stopped me. It's not me that needs a pistol, it's the poor little homeless pistol that needs me!

Have one, the same one in my pocket since they were released. Never a single issue. Well over 5k rounds. Been through one Kydex w/hook holster and a leather w/hook. I take an air hose to it after tear down about once a month depending on how much tractor, outside work or shoot it. I use dry lube on it after cleaning with Balistol. Get it good and dry then dry lube. Again, never a single hiccup and will eat anything it is fed. I would polish the feedramp good and keep it shiny!

I recently had to use it on a coyote 90gr Hornady. I did not like that it did don’t roll em or knock him/her on his/her side. It was in a barn. Been thinking and trying a 442 38sp. But I like the light flat G42. And I wear shorts damn near year round. Extra ext mag in a clip on my waist band in summer. Winter I sometimes carry 2 spares. I am also usually not far from my truck that has other calibers.

630B214E-911F-471F-802C-1DA4CC38FD6D.jpeg1BE2919B-EB4C-449B-91BC-FE81CC6A9707.jpeg

Last edited:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have one, the same one in my pocket since they were released. Never a single issue. Well over 5k rounds. Been through one Kydex w/hook holster and a leather w/hook. I take an air hose to it after tear down about once a month depending on how much tractor, outside work or shoot it. I use dry lube on it after cleaning with Balistol. Get it good and dry then dry lube. Again, never a single hiccup and will eat anything it is fed. I would polish the feedramp good and keep it shiny!

I recently had to use it on a coyote 90gr Hornady. I did not like that it did don’t roll em or knock him/her on his/her side. It was in a barn. Been thinking and trying a 442 38sp. But I like the light flat G42. And I wear shorts damn near year round. Extra ext mag in a clip on my waist band in summer. Winter I sometimes carry 2 spares. I am also usually not far from my truck that has other calibers.

View attachment 334097View attachment 334098
Now that's a review! What was the result with the coyote?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
🤨 That's not reassuring at all. Didn't find him in the yard or anything?

It was one of our feed barns. It ran off into the abyss! It boogered me a little, and one of my nephews said he hit one in the side with a 357 sometime ago and it ran off as well. Hitting them in the gut don’t get em down.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I passed up a deal on a like new G42 recently because I have no need for a .380.

I guess I should have bought it and offered it up for sale here. I didn't know there was this much interest in them anymore.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My son carries one for the ease and comfort when carrying..... Gun shoots great and zero issues and accessories for it every where. I like my Shield + better do to size, fits my hands better.
But do not tell PHG I was talking good about Glocks . :cool:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed up a deal on a like new G42 recently because I have no need for a .380.

I guess I should have bought it and offered it up for sale here. I didn't know there was this much interest in them anymore.

They are in my opinion the one for pocket carry. They are for my environment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom