Glock Grip Angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True dat!
BUT - For me, that distance from the inner heel of my palm to the front of the trigger is THE problematic dimension. My Taurus is L-O-N-G, and I am forever fighting low and left grouping....the Glock 19 I have is MUCH shorter, hence easier to feel the reset, and groups are MUCH tighter, and hold overall remains more consistent.
I don't know if that made any sense, but druryj has seen it first hand on my targets, and he helped me understand what I was fighting between the two.

And that Taurus felt SO RIGHT in the GS when I bought it....before I knew.... :)

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like glocks, but rarely shoot mine since I got into 1911 pistols. I was much more accurate before the 1911 spoiled me. Seems if all someone shoots is their glocks they will be fine. If they like other pistols it seems then the grip angle has issues.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, okay. So I was being a bit sarcastic in my first post. I've just heard so many people whine about the grip angle of the Glocks...And I really just fail to see what the problem is. Get a proper sight picture and move the trigger to the rear to cause the round to fire without disturbing that sight picture, and voila! Holes will appear where you so wish. You wanna talk about grips and angles? How about comparing just about any semi auto to a J-frame with service grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, okay. So I was being sarcastic in my first post. I've just heard so many people whine about the grip angle of the Glocks...And I really just fail to see what the problem is. Get a proper sight picture and move the trigger to the rear to cause the round to fire without disturbing that sight picture, and voila! Holes will appear where you so wish. You wanna talk about grips and angles? How about comparing just about any semi auto to a J-frame with service grips?

I never had any problem hitting what I aimed at with my Glocks, but when I held my first M&P I knew it was a much better fit for me. I describe it as feeling like the grip was custom made for my hand.

I also have no use for the finger grooves in the Glock grips.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone had help from this, but a couple guys have said it seems to be a better gun with the 3.5 tigger

In general, I agree. Triggers are a personal matter though, some like 'em heavier for a carry gun, some like 'em a little lighter.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had any problem hitting what I aimed at with my Glocks, but when I held my first M&P I knew it was a much better fit for me. I describe it as feeling like the grip was custom made for my hand.

I also have no use for the finger grooves in the Glock grips.
I switched from Glock to M&P when the M&P first came out, because I could reach the trigger normally on the M&P. I'm so used to the M&P now that the Glock isn't natural anymore (although probably could be with enough training back to it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom