Glock jammed when needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bear attack story

During a bear attack, this guys Glock jammed. I would be curious on why it jammed. I would also think it wouldn’t, unless it was modified.
I also wonder if it was the Glock chambered for 10 MM, which I keep reading about, touted as an effective bear killer? Whatever caliber used, perhaps just a freak occurrence, gummy fouled chamber, humidity/firing residue. Before leaving to hunt that morning, maybe add a drop of oil on the barrel hood, barrel, slide rails. Pull a dry patch or bore snake thru the barrel, load and make ready. I’ve had FTF, FTE out of my G17, 19 over the last couple decades, but few and far between. Mostly hundreds and hundreds of rounds fired with no bobbles.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going with @chuter on this one.
Limp wristed it.

Now as far as jams go with semi auto hand guns my Taurus PT1911 could not finish a magazine and usually the second round jammed it.

I found the taper at the top of the barrel where the bullet enters did NOT have any chamfer.
Is that called barrel hood?

Anyway the chamfer I added to that barrel entry point made it 100% reliable.
I looked a blueprint drawings of the original Browning and noticed a chamfer there so i added one to the Taurus.

I really despise the steep angle the bullet has when it is fed into the chamber that many semi auto pistols have.
It is so steep the bullet nose gets punched and many times the bullet gets seated deeper into the case.

Measure some before and after chambering.

One big thank you to Hi-Point for correcting entry angle of the bullet.
No nose pounding and no deep seated bullets and all mine are 100% reliable unless you limp wrist one.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, I always felt a Glock would be a great pistol to have in a tackle box, and you can count on it to work. A G17 or G19 just works, about 50 years of a great track record.

Latest posts

Top Bottom