Glock that needs some work, need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I inherited my dads G17 (Gen 2) a while back and it still shoots like its a day old, but looks like its age.
Tenifer finish is almost gone off of the slide,
the barrell tenifer finish has major wear,
thumb release looks polished,
Trigger spring and recoil spring seem decent, but probably need to be replaced.

I have no gun smithing skills so I am looking to have it professionally re-finished as far as the slide and maybe the barrel, it doesn't seem as pertinent.

Any one local that would do the work? The gun has a strong sentimental value and I am hesitant to ship it off.

ai284.photobucket.com_albums_ll11_phlame217_Glock_CIMG0668.jpg

ai284.photobucket.com_albums_ll11_phlame217_Glock_CIMG0666.jpg

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I inherited my Dads Ruger and it looks rough, and I'll keep it that way. If it has a strong sentimental value to you as my Dads Ruger has to me I won't change a thing. Just my thoughts.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My understanding is the Tennifer finish on the Glocks goes deeper than the "black" part of it, so it is probably still somewhat protected. So if you don't mind it the way it is, you shouldn't have to refinish it.

However, if that's what you want, do it!

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a passed down firearm with sentimental meaning id keep it as is looks wise. Have mike go thru the internals but the the worn in look...if you really want it to look shiney and new than definately have mike do it...

I received my grandfathers pre-model 27 N-frame 357 and as much as id like it to shine like a new dime I like the wear it received from 20+ years on my grandads hip with OCPD

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the tips about keeping it the way it is as far as finish, I was leaning that way to begin with but wanted some objectful outside opinions.

Next week i'll do a deep clean and examine everything within the innards and go from there.

Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom