Go Bag time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I finally understand the need for a go bag. I had to make an impromptu trip out of state with no warning and no time to prep. Barely had time to change. After spending 14hrs on the road and working I was a little swampy to say the least. I ended up washing my socks and unmentionables in a hotel sink and leaving them to dry while I slept.
So im going shopping today for a bag I can keep the basics in for the next time. Im thinking ill use one medium sized with clothes and toothbrush ect and a maybe a smaller one that I can attach to the other with basic survival stuff like lights, fire, first aid ect...
Most of my needs are based around rapid departure for work not the end of the world, so having an add on seems to make sense.
If you dont have one, dont wait to learn ya need one the hard way like me..

Fog

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is a good post, it shows people that you need to just prepare for everyday stuff that comes up. Not just the apocalypse. You don't sound crazy this is a good thing. ;-)

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get out the go bags every spring and put them in the closet with the kiddo's helmets for spring storm season. Have not had to use them yet and hope to never have to, but I never think about packing or "am I ready" either.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda new to the whole prepping thing, just started storing canned goods recently. But you'd think id have had something already made up. I knew stuff like this was a possibility with my job but never got around to it. Ive thrown one together before during bad weather before work just in case. Honestly feel stupid for not having one made up.
Plans are now to complete a small bag for car to go with already in place tools and gear, main go bag at home with stuff for three days travel and another smaller bag with survival stuff i can attach.
I plan to add more bags for the family soon.

I did pick up a nice condor bag at c&j yesterday.

This stuff is starting to a little pricey.. :)

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should keep an eye on the 5.11tactical bags and accessories. Over the last two weeks they have offered a 40% off discount but its random as to when it works and doesn't. The coupon code to save 40% is outdoor40.

ksig162

New to the site!
Reaction score
Storm season helmets! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this or have done this. I keep an old Harley helmet in the stash for gathering hail stones for the little one.

Edit: I'm the one gathering the stone....not sending her out in the helmet to get one lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom