GOA “Arm the teachers”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one objects to this because they are worried that a teacher might shoot their child, perhaps we need to look at our teachers and those that would shoot a child be "let go." Yes, not all teachers want to carry, I am okay with that. Some will for the right reasons, they should be allowed to carry.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Oklahoma Teachers, Staff and Adm. should be required to Open Carry when on School Property.
Professional Day for Range to Qualifying with School furnishing Ammo (Cheaper than paying for Speakers)
Person who fails to Qualify is placed on a Plan for Improvement
Required Student Classes on Firearm Safety

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Oklahoma Teachers, Staff and Adm. should be required to Open Carry when on School Property.
Professional Day for Range to Qualifying with School furnishing Ammo (Cheaper than paying for Speakers)
Good intentions, but I'm not sure I'd go that far. Some teachers can barely handle classroom discipline/management and their rowdy kids as it is now. I can only imagine how some of them would fail if they had to worry about a visible side arm and some random bully teenager trying to grab it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No...For many reasons. Liability is one of the main reasons. It would be a grand day for lawyers.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s their job?
Didn’t see that on my job description.
You asked why they'd want to carry. My answer was, to potentially prevent a slaughter of children. Regardless of whether that 'duty' was spelled out in a job description.

No teacher should be required to carry. But those that are willing and able to proficiently do so should be allowed to, imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom