God Speed car ministry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out and a big Thank You to the good folks at GodSpeed Ministry car care clinic in Arcadia. Every place else I checked wanted at least $500 to replace the belts on our SUV. They did it for free. I bought the belts and they installed the one that was having issues, and cleaned the pulleys while they were at it.

They can not do a lot of repairs like front wheel bearing that are pressed on, but small repairs they can do. This freed us to start saving up for new tires when we can. :P

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s awesome Rick! Do they work on donations or something like that?
Yes they take donations and also accept volunteers. I did not know about the donation thing today but I WILL next time. I asked if they could use my car ramps but they have a lift so did not need them. I will take some cash to them first chance I get. They only working today this month but go back to 2 days next month.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s awesome Rick! Do they work on donations or something like that?
Great you bring that up dlbleak, for numerous reasons, not just the obvious understood subliminal. I had work done at Scheer Automotive before, When I took a car there another time for a minor fix they didn't charge. I immediatly popped a fifty $$$ and told the manager thanks for the gesture so tomorrow lunch for the crew is on me. We each gained respect for one another. As I brag of his fairness and good work, he gives me more than fair prices. Don't forget to create your own good Karma RickN.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great you bring that up dlbleak, for numerous reasons, not just the obvious understood subliminal. I had work done at Scheer Automotive before, When I took a car there another time for a minor fix they didn't charge. I immediatly popped a fifty $$$ and told the manager thanks for the gesture so tomorrow lunch for the crew is on me. We each gained respect for one another. As I brag of his fairness and good work, he gives me more than fair prices. Don't forget to create your own good Karma RickN.
Exactly, plus I like to pay back every chance I get and sometimes I can pay it forward. Which is not often anymore but I still have to do what I can for my own self respect.

Before my health went in the toilet we owned a medical equipment company called Edmond Wheelchair Repair and Supply. We sold world wide thanks to the web and ran a charity called Angels In Wheels. We donated hundreds of wheelchairs thru the years but that was then. This is now and I need to keep trying.

Someday I will not be able to do anything to help others but for now I will do what I can. Heck I still keep a tool bag in the car and have done temp fixes on people's wheelchair in the middle of a store.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they take donations and also accept volunteers. I did not know about the donation thing today but I WILL next time. I asked if they could use my car ramps but they have a lift so did not need them. I will take some cash to them first chance I get. They only working today this month but go back to 2 days next month.
@RickN, I’ll look for some donation info but if you find out, post it up here. I say we help them out them in the name of OSA. Sounds like a group I wouldn’t mind giving a few bucks to.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN, I’ll look for some donation info but if you find out, post it up here. I say we help them out them in the name of OSA. Sounds like a group I wouldn’t mind giving a few bucks to.
I should have read more than how to find them before I went. :P

Oh, they have been doing this for 30 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom